Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats the silliest EV prejudice youve heard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If less petroleum is being burned for fuel, wouldn't that leave more supply for other uses?

II.+What+do+we+get+from+oil.jpg

Less than half of of crude oil becomes gasoline.

So many stupid people whose heads are up there asses just don't get EV evolution that has been started. Gas stations will soon start making it 50%gas/50% charging. They will see money both ways, also when people make EV's political, Tesla alone has represented owners from both parties in our country. Congrats to all who have taken the steps to go electric, it's a huge transition.

Wifey sent me this, seen on social media. The poster is a tow truck operator. In a small town in southeast Iowa. His observations are a lie. My hunch is he hauled ONE EV, or heard of someone doing so. I know from a conversation with the clerk, I was only the third person in my county to buy a Tesla, that she helped. (there are 3 of them so I could be 9th lol) Ive only ever seen 4 with our county plates. The county this gentleman is from is SLIGHTLY larger. but not much, and economically depressed. I know one family that has EV's. They have 2. Tesla and a Mach e.

This is a marvelous word salad. As a grammar pedantry sufferer, it makes my face twitch. LOL I went to page, but did not engage. I do really want to be part of the conversation, but I dont think it would be productive to this particular fellow and his ilk.

my immediate questions:

who are "my sources"?
how many is "a lot" to tow?
coolant leak? how often is this happening, ive only heard of it in the case of a crash.

ev_misinfo.jpg

'Tis the closed-mindedness for me. The so-called "perfectionist fallacy" It isn't perfect, so lets point out the problems, magnify them to the point they're non-starters for the folks who are fearful of change. And, the thing that works now is best, don't change even if its bad. This goes for many things happening in the world.. medical issues, for one.

Will oil die tomorrow? nah fam, but removing SOME reliance on it might help the world maintain peace.. who knows.

I think we can do better.

Wifey sent me this, seen on social media. The poster is a tow truck operator. In a small town in southeast Iowa. His observations are a lie. My hunch is he hauled ONE EV, or heard of someone doing so. I know from a conversation with the clerk, I was only the third person in my county to buy a Tesla, that she helped. (there are 3 of them so I could be 9th lol) Ive only ever seen 4 with our county plates. The county this gentleman is from is SLIGHTLY larger. but not much, and economically depressed. I know one family that has EV's. They have 2. Tesla and a Mach e.

This is a marvelous word salad. As a grammar pedantry sufferer, it makes my face twitch. LOL I went to page, but did not engage. I do really want to be part of the conversation, but I dont think it would be productive to this particular fellow and his ilk.

my immediate questions:

who are "my sources"?
how many is "a lot" to tow?
coolant leak? how often is this happening, ive only heard of it in the case of a crash.

View attachment 773724

'Tis the closed-mindedness for me. The so-called "perfectionist fallacy" It isn't perfect, so lets point out the problems, magnify them to the point they're non-starters for the folks who are fearful of change. And, the thing that works now is best, don't change even if its bad. This goes for many things happening in the world.. medical issues, for one.

Will oil die tomorrow? nah fam, but removing SOME reliance on it might help the world maintain peace.. who knows.

I think we can do better.

Looks like some of that info came from this article:
As Electric Cars Are Built, Will Lithium Run Out?
I think the "30-90M tons" figure is the estimated "reserve" in the current lithium mines.

And the part about Ganfeng Lithium is accurate, but they're clearly not Tesla's only supplier.

Reactions: Peelz
I don't see this one mentioned yet, but I've seen it posted a few times, including last year by a friend of mine from college. He's quite a car wrenching guy, and into classics and restorations, so I get that it was right up his alley. But I replied and explained how it's not so, and he took it well, saying he just didn't know that it wasn't true.

It's saying that a Tesla MUST have AT LEAST a 75A circuit in order to charge. So that's either going to be crazy expensive for the house electrical upgrades or just impossible.

Reactions: GSP and Peelz
Both my next door neighbors also drive Teslas. I've gotten into the wrong Tesla twice now in 5 months of ownership with how prevalent white model Ys are around here.

How did you unlock them?
The first time was at the grocery store where I was trying to open the rear liftgate and got frustrated thinking my phone key wasn't working. Funny thing was my wife was standing there with me too when she notices the car a parked a few spots further down.

The second time I was picking up food from a restaurant when another Model Y pulled in and parked right next to me. The driver must've gone in to get food like me and when I went out, I opened the door just to stare at their passenger (maybe the seat sensor left it unlocked or the passenger had a paired phone key too). Quickly said sorry and shut the door. Passenger didn't say anything and I hopped in my car and drove off.

The last I heard in a group chat I’m in is that all those natural resources are dug by hand by women and children and most of the stockpiles are in Ukraine. Might actually be true I don’t know enough about that. 🤷‍♂️

And I’d love to live in Texas! NY is nuts.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and Rocky_H