Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the smallest RF blocking cover for the Model S keyfob?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a suitable RF blocking keyfob cover but I stopped using a case with my cellphone because I don't like things to be bulky. Some of the keyfob protectors on Amazon seem bulky. What's the smallest cover that fits a Model S keyfob and still blocks RF?

Wish the Model S keyfob had a physical switch for turning on and off the signal...

I have some hi-tech custom fit faraday cage material made from the same material they make space shuttles from. Fully blocks RF and only microns thick; no cover on the market is less bulky. I can give you enough for you to make several reusable faraday cages for several fobs at a special discounted TMC member price of $29.95. And if you order right now I will DOUBLE your order!

Unknown.jpeg

I have some hi-tech custom fit faraday cage material made from the same material they make space shuttles from. Fully blocks RF and only microns thick; no cover on the market is less bulky. I can give you enough for you to make several reusable faraday cages for several fobs at a special discounted TMC member price of $29.95. And if you order right now I will DOUBLE your order!

View attachment 352454
Hey, no fair, that's what I was going to say.

View attachment 352454
Free shipping?

Thanks so much for the responses :p

Anyone know of a more aesthetically pleasing solution than wrapping the keyfob in aluminum foil :oops:
Well, you asked about the smallest - it doesn't get any smaller than 0.016mm thin. Aesthetically pleasing is very subjective, as is "bulky". I sometimes use a promotional giveaway Altoid tin fcan or example (see below), but I don't carry that on my keychain. If I was worried, I would have modified the keyfob with a battery switch (would still work as "dead battery keyfob" but hard to relay that weak of a signal), or simply turn off passive entry.

Altoid-Fob-case.png

Reactions: jlv1