TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's this mean? Red car with up/down arrows

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mspohr, Jul 10, 2016.

1. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

I had this icon come up on the screen when I started driving a few days ago. Car was loaded (3 people plus a lot of stuff). I have air suspension which seemed to be working fine. Icon went away after I stopped at a SuperCharger a few hours into the trip.
    [​IMG]

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

That means that the suspension up and down (raising and lowering) is not working properly. I had this issue and there was a leaking line which was replaced.

3. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

While the icon was displayed, I displayed the suspension controls screen and it seemed to be working properly... i.e. the auto-lowering moved from Standard to Low when I went over 55 mph as I had set.
    The icon went away after I stopped to charge and hasn't returned.
    I should probably have the service center check it.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

It will display if the pump is working too hard to keep the car where it is supposed to be. While it is in this condition the pump overworks, and gets hot. Your range will go down slightly also,

5. DDarrow

DDarrow Member

Just got my car back a few moments ago for this issue. Light would randomly come on, and then kick back off after a stop or reset. Service told me it can mean a few different things, but in my case the airpump was occasionally not kicking off when it should. Suspension still adjusted to proper height by releasing the excess air, so there was no obvious side effect.