Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's this new thing?? Split image backup camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is something I just noticed. Looked through recent threads, didn't see anything about it...

My backup camera has a split image. Bottom panel looking back and top panel looking down.

Cool!

Sorry if already well known. I didn't read anything about it and never noticed it before. 2.12.22

IMG_20160225_102706.jpg

Yeah, that split screen annoyance started happening to me after the 7.1 update a few weeks ago, in concert with the abysmally poor MCU touch response problem. 7.0 was released October 15th of last year.

Regression testing. It's a Good Thing.

There is apparently such a complex signal apparently between camera and MCU, presumably to prevent people from using it to patch-in a video player. I'm guessing this has something to do with it, may not even be a fixable bug (but I've not seen it happen on my car yet).

Happened to me today. First thing i tried was to reboot, and that fixed the issue. Second thing I did was to google "tesla model s camera view split", and ended up here... Current fw: v7.1 (2.24.86)