TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What's this sensor?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by scottm, Jun 18, 2018.

1. scottm

scottm Active Member

This is located in the frunk and is affixed to what I'd consider to be "the back of the bumper".

As you can see, mine is cracked. It was torqued on too tight and over the years has crumbled the plastic mount holes and cracked the sensor casing... revealing what looks like a coil of wire inside.

I sealed this back up with shoe goo and reconstructed plastic mounts with new plastic and attached it back how it was.

No errors were being thrown.. it just couldn't be good ... seeing a cracked sensor like that. I had to do something before it corroded out in there and did start causing a problem. But what problem would that be?

IMG_20180617_150055.jpg

2. Shateam

Shateam Member

Keyless Passive Entry Antenna 1005627-00-B

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

google says its a keyfob antennae

• Like x 1
  4. scottm

scottm Active Member

Hmm.. thanks guys.

I wonder if there's just the single antenna covering all uses of remote fob, walk-up, and button presses... or if there's more like it in rear or car, or wherever.?

I know there's supposed to be some kind of low power antenna behind the windshield area in dire situations to try holding your fob close by, but I never have had to use that.

5. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

• Informative x 1