Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's this yellow "download" icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the owner's manual and it says software update would be a yellow clock which goes green when downloading.

What can this be? Sure seems to imply download to me ...

Sorry, new owner

what.jpg

Last edited:
I just checked the online model 3 manual (the one found by googling it). It covers that yellow icon in there, in the same section it talks about the clock icons. Maybe its not in the manual you found, though. here is the relevant section (bottom paragraph)

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 5.24.48 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: RogerMc
I think the answer to the OP’s question is that it is a download icon (yellow out of/green in WiFi) when the update is ready for download. Once downloaded, it becomes a clock if you schedule the install instead of installing immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: RogerMc
I just saw this one yesterday, looked for it in the manual but didn't find anything. Being an adventurous sort, I tapped it and it took me to a new page where I happened to notice I had a software download available for me. That's when I realised it was the universal download symbol - doh!

I have downloaded the manual from the glovebox to the pc, but tbh, (after the initial pre-delivery read through) I spend more time reviewing the in-car version on the screen in the car than via the downloaded pc version

I think the answer to the OP’s question is that it is a download icon (yellow out of/green in WiFi) when the update is ready for download. Once downloaded, it becomes a clock if you schedule the install instead of installing immediately.
Thank you. It does get a bit confusing trying to keep up with this constsntly changing technology even with a somewhay tecjnical background at the age pf 84. I hope I will be around a while as I love my Y and want to see what is next in the world of technology.

Reactions: ScottNY