Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's with the snowflake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the snowflake recently for the first time ever. It was -25c and the car sat outside the entire day, when I returned the snowflake was present.
Considering how often I drive in cold weather, I'm surprised this is the first time. (especially considering I've driven in colder weather, and parked it outside too)

I had a snowflake even at 35 degrees F outside. I drove about 10 minutes to the local charging spot. Still snowflake. Initially battery only charging at 10amp. 5 minutes later it slowly charges to 30amp which is the max on my charging spot. I turned off range mode in case that helped warm up the battery quicker.

Saw my first snowflake this morning. Drive safely and Happy New Years from Minneapolis!

Attachments

• Tesla charging notification.jpg
    Tesla charging notification.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 110
On my 5th winter with my car and have never once ever seen the snowflake or reduced capacity blue bar. Seen it multiple times on loaner cars I've had, but never on mine.

Well, I saw my first snowflake while in Chicago over Christmas. The car had sat outside all night at -30 C temps (-22 F) not plugged in. The snowflake was there with the tiniest sliver of blue on the green battery strength bar.

Have had the same experience as “mknox” … no snow flake, in my third winter with temperatures as low as 15F outside not plugged in.

Sorry as low as -15F

Yeah, it took sitting out overnight at -22 F recently for me to get my first ever snowflake, and the amount of "blue" on the power bar was just the tiniest sliver. I had to squint to be sure it was even there!