Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's wrong with this picture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
20151230_125325.jpg

Unfortunately, this was similar to a scene from my past when I needed to get gas for my lawn mower last spring :-/

I felt like such a tool pulling up to the pump in my (brand new at the time) electric car to pop the frunk and buy 1 gallon of gasoline :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this was similar to a scene from my past when I needed to get gas for my lawn mower last spring :-/

I felt like such a tool pulling up to the pump in my (brand new at the time) electric car to pop the frunk and buy 1 gallon of gasoline :rolleyes:

Yup. That we me getting gas for my garden tractor :) I took a picture because I could see people giving me strange stares when they realized it was a Tesla.

wow, going to costco to wait like that in order to save some money for the very few gallons of fuel that is needed for a mower seems to me
like a real waste of time

Yeah, in my case it was just the station on the corner of my development. I could've gone down the road to use my hundreds of unused gas points at the grocery store but I only ever seemed to accrue enough for $.10 off before they expire so the closeness won out.

My plan was to give my nephew a tag from my grocery rewards so he could use the discount in his car but I can't seem to find the spares...

Yeah, in my case it was just the station on the corner of my development. I could've gone down the road to use my hundreds of unused gas points at the grocery store but I only ever seemed to accrue enough for $.10 off before they expire so the closeness won out.

My plan was to give my nephew a tag from my grocery rewards so he could use the discount in his car but I can't seem to find the spares...

Pretty sure you can just use your phone number at the pump.

Until superchargers are as ubiquitous as gas stations while supplying air and other non fuel services, (or until Teslas no longer require air in their tires or debris to be removed from windshields) we will never truly be rid of them.

Fuel points at the local grocery store: I use my parent's rewards card during checkout at the local grocery store so someone can take advantage of the fuel discount for my grocery purchases. As someone mention, don't bother with the scan card, just type their phone number into the terminal at the register.

Last edited:
The lawn tractor is a backup in case my mechanical push mower is out of commission which it is as I just broke the chain. It's 1 acre of grass on a 1.3 acre lot. When I first started with my 18" Fiskars reel mower, it took 4.5 hours. After six weeks of doing this twice a week, I got it down to 2 hours. It's 8 miles for a mow. From spring to fall it's twice a week or about 16 miles of pushing a mechanical lawn mower through grass. After about a month, I noticed that the normal freyed ends that turn about 20% of the grass yellow/brown on the tips were gone. The scissors like cut of the reel mower resulted in 100% green on every blade. I lost 30 lbs over the first year:

20140523_182852.jpg

20140523_182636.jpg

20140525_194607.jpg

20140525_194534.jpg

20140525_200345.jpg

So most of the time, gas isn't needed except for the edger, hedger, and chain saw.

The lawn tractor is a backup in case my mechanical push mower is out of commission which it is as I just broke the chain. It's 1 acre of grass on a 1.3 acre lot. When I first started with my 18" Fiskars reel mower, it took 4.5 hours. After six weeks of doing this twice a week, I got it down to 2 hours. It's 8 miles for a mow. From spring to fall it's twice a week or about 16 miles of pushing a mechanical lawn mower through grass. After about a month, I noticed that the normal freyed ends that turn about 20% of the grass yellow/brown on the tips were gone. The scissors like cut of the reel mower resulted in 100% green on every blade. I lost 30 lbs over the first year:

View attachment 105977

View attachment 105978

View attachment 105979

View attachment 105980

View attachment 105981

So most of the time, gas isn't needed except for the edger, hedger, and chain saw.

I only have a small patch of grass that I mow with a push reel. Electric chain saw, blower and trimmers do the rest (plus electric snowblower for winter). No gas at our house.