TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sorka, Dec 30, 2015.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

2. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

Unfortunately, this was similar to a scene from my past when I needed to get gas for my lawn mower last spring :-/

I felt like such a tool pulling up to the pump in my (brand new at the time) electric car to pop the frunk and buy 1 gallon of gasoline :rolleyes:

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

Yup. That we me getting gas for my garden tractor :) I took a picture because I could see people giving me strange stares when they realized it was a Tesla.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

wow, going to costco to wait like that in order to save some money for the very few gallons of fuel that is needed for a mower seems to me
    like a real waste of time

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

Exactly.

6. Jool

Jool Member

Man, I don't miss the gas pump lines at Costco at all.

7. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

Yeah, in my case it was just the station on the corner of my development. I could've gone down the road to use my hundreds of unused gas points at the grocery store but I only ever seemed to accrue enough for $.10 off before they expire so the closeness won out.

My plan was to give my nephew a tag from my grocery rewards so he could use the discount in his car but I can't seem to find the spares...

8. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

What about the ambiance? ;) The sights, the smells, the idling engines and antsy ICE drivers...oh the humanity!

9. sorka

sorka Active Member

Was already there for other stuff. Wait was less than 2 minutes. Those two cars currently filling were done within a minute of me pulling up.

10. Caligula

Caligula Member

Pretty sure you can just use your phone number at the pump.

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

LOL

12. Panoz

Panoz Member

Do you see the wait at the gas station? It's a travesty! It's the downfall of gasoline cars!

13. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Need an electric mower so you don't have to buy gas at all...

8166cwH-4rL._SL1500_.jpg

14. Caligula

Caligula Member

15. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

A while back some wise guy posted that he still stops at fuel stations to wash his windows. :)

Don't think I have the nerve to do that.

16. Caligula

Caligula Member

Until superchargers are as ubiquitous as gas stations while supplying air and other non fuel services, (or until Teslas no longer require air in their tires or debris to be removed from windshields) we will never truly be rid of them.

17. swaltner

swaltner Member

#17 swaltner, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Fuel points at the local grocery store: I use my parent's rewards card during checkout at the local grocery store so someone can take advantage of the fuel discount for my grocery purchases. As someone mention, don't bother with the scan card, just type their phone number into the terminal at the register.

18. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

19. sorka

sorka Active Member

The lawn tractor is a backup in case my mechanical push mower is out of commission which it is as I just broke the chain. It's 1 acre of grass on a 1.3 acre lot. When I first started with my 18" Fiskars reel mower, it took 4.5 hours. After six weeks of doing this twice a week, I got it down to 2 hours. It's 8 miles for a mow. From spring to fall it's twice a week or about 16 miles of pushing a mechanical lawn mower through grass. After about a month, I noticed that the normal freyed ends that turn about 20% of the grass yellow/brown on the tips were gone. The scissors like cut of the reel mower resulted in 100% green on every blade. I lost 30 lbs over the first year:

20140523_182852.jpg

20140523_182636.jpg

20140525_194607.jpg

20140525_194534.jpg

20140525_200345.jpg

So most of the time, gas isn't needed except for the edger, hedger, and chain saw.

20. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

I only have a small patch of grass that I mow with a push reel. Electric chain saw, blower and trimmers do the rest (plus electric snowblower for winter). No gas at our house.