Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 100% charge range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is definitely related to weather (cold), hills, sticking the foot into the go pedal, driving into prevailing wind. During the Summer I was seeing 259Wh and steadily as WA enters autumn I started seeing that increase.
Just roughly taking the est. 82kWh Pack (82,000Wh / 279 average Wh) = 293 miles.
267 average Wh gets you to 306 (expected with 20” inductions and the right conditions by my guess). And this is what I was seeing late summer. I had roughly heard the 20” Rims/Tire package can hit for 14-16mi off the 326 estimates.

TezLab does a decent job of showing me my efficiency. Much of the time I’m in the 75-88% range and predominantly quick onramps, then driving 10 over the speed limit etc…

• Informative
Reactions: JonB65
It's possible that it was not a 25 mile round trip. One way trip might have a favorable change in elevation that created an illusion of better efficiency.
It’s not the tires, it’s the aerodynamics. The larger wheels def less aero, mainly because of open area, which is exacerbated a bit by shallow sidewalls.
The optional bigger wheels on the M3 get progressively worse range with size increase. And if you take the aero covers off the base wheels, ditto, range dives noticeably.

30K, 320mi at 100%
Charge nightly with NEMA 14-50 and top at 90% (100% sometimes though)
Normally back home at less than 20%, lowest was 5%.
SC when needed and only charge enough to get home.

Screenshot_20211028-074650_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the app seems to only go to 98% on my slider, but at 63% Tesla tells me 205mi, and TezLab shows a 160mi real world.
Applying my last drive to SeaTac, errand and back home I pre-climatized the car on the charger and got back home with ~17% charge left around 55mi left. So I almost lean a little more on TezLab since I feel like I'm getting quoted numbers off the 326 max.

1635438319169.png
1635438345316.png

TezLab basically averages I have 255 usable mies I assume taking in the account for 20% recommended charge and the destination.

Last edited:
My 2018 Model 3 was 310 when I bought it. After 40,000 miles the 100% charge was 270. Never supercharged. Plugged in every night for 90% charge.
2018 September Model 3P with 11,000 miles at 90 percent is about 260. I don't use 100 too often, but I could swear it wasn't over 290. I keep hearing it's an estimate, I've never supercharged, and set the daily to 90 pct, charge most nights. Today I drained the battery to about 40 miles which was shown in yellow. It's on scheduled charging for 90 pct at 10AM. Lets see if I'm back to 260 in the AM, with the new video download and an invitation for FSD Beta. 98SS with 150 miles.

Your Model Y appears to be very new. Be sure to turn off Sentry mode at your home location so that the battery management system can measure the open cell voltage (OCV) of the cells in the battery pack. The high voltage battery must be disconnected from the Tesla Model Y vehicle, as when the Model Y is in sleep mode, for at least several hours to complete the OCV measurement process. Charging to ~94% and then draining the battery below 30% will also help the battery management system determine the upper and lower range of the battery. Repeat the charge and discharge cycle over several days or weeks as you drive. Your range estimate should increase.

Your Model Y appears to be very new. Be sure to turn off Sentry mode at your home location so that the battery management system can measure the open cell voltage (OCV) of the cells in the battery pack. The high voltage battery must be disconnected from the Tesla Model Y vehicle, as when the Model Y is in sleep mode, for at least several hours to complete the OCV measurement process. Charging to ~94% and then draining the battery below 30% will also help the battery management system determine the upper and lower range of the battery. Repeat the charge and discharge cycle over several days or weeks as you drive. Your range estimate should increase.

Thanks but I edited its a 3 SRP LFP so technically it says/gets 3 more than the 253 it said.

2020 MY Performance w/ 11,000 miles
New - 291
After 3 months - 271
After 1 year -261
Supercharged 5 times up to 90%
Always home charging using Wall Connector

2021 MS Performance (pre-refresh) w/ 8,000 miles
New - 390
After 10 months - 390 (No change)
SC’d 5 times up to 90%
Always home charging using WC

Very curious how low MY will get.
I’m starting to think the older S/X batteries were better. My Model X 2019 Raven Spec is 326 and actually fully charge is around 324. at 23K miles. But there was a modest range boost via software. So I lost that boost worth. What ever it was. I have not dropped a mile in the last year. I supercharge plenty. Have charged to 100% maybe 6 times. But normally I charge to 80%.