Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, yes. What exactly is typical? I've heard of "ideal" and "rated" but definitely not typical. And 308 rated? What units are those? Certainly not miles. Nobody has ever reported > 270 rated on an 85 kWh.

I believe, NA-spec cars use Rated Range for EPA testing and Ideal Range for lab environment testing. Euro-spec cars use Typical for what US-spec cars call Rated and are determined by the equivalent testing organization in Euro and Euro-spec Rated Range is Europe's lab environment testing.

I believe, NA-spec cars use Rated Range for EPA testing and Ideal Range for lab environment testing. Euro-spec cars use Typical for what US-spec cars call Rated and are determined by the equivalent testing organization in Euro and Euro-spec Rated Range is Europe's lab environment testing.

Heh. Maybe they should just rename them all "usually", or "sometimes", or "our best guesstimate", or maybe have different calculations based on a selectable user driving profile like "get the hell out of my way driver (high wh/mi)", average driver, and "good luck getting this range, jokes on you! Haha!" driver lol.

Thank you! This would explain the weirdness in figures I'm seeing. 308 miles is my 100% charge when I selected 'Rated' from my settings and have range-mode on. Switching to 'Typical' gives me 246 with range-mode on. The energy graph also has an 'Ideal' reading which is averaged based on my driving style, which can go as high as 999 miles if I coast to a stop at traffic lights.

Thank you! This would explain the weirdness in figures I'm seeing. 308 miles is my 100% charge when I selected 'Rated' from my settings and have range-mode on. Switching to 'Typical' gives me 246 with range-mode on. The energy graph also has an 'Ideal' reading which is averaged based on my driving style, which can go as high as 999 miles if I coast to a stop at traffic lights.

You can't simply compare American and Euro/Asian cars numbers.

US Ideal = 250Wh/mile = EU Rated
US Rated = 300Wh/mile
EU Typical = 320Wh/mile
Japan seems to be the same as EU.

So your 100% Typical is 262.4 miles in US numbers.