Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cold soaked battery is almost certainly not the issue then. I'd drop the pack to another low SoC and then charge it back to 100%. If it still shows "complete" when below 100% you probably have an issue with the pack.
I did my second charge starting at 7% and it only charged to 97% before stopping. I use TeslaFI so it shows what happened. I started at 10pm and it finished at 6:12am. Also, at the top of the page it shows the current charge and the charge limit. Since I drove it after the charging it is now 90% of 100%.

I placed a call to Tesla Service and I was told it would be sent to my local service center for review. Also, for those not part of my problem I did my first charge from 1% and it stopped at 99%. My goal was to drain my battery and then charge to 100% and both times it did not charge to 100%,

Charge %
90 / 100

Home 10:00 PM - 6:12 AM
8 Hours 11 Minutes Start - 7 %
End - 97 % Used - 74.5 kWh
Added - 64.4 kWh 86.4 % Avg Voltage - 238.53V
Max Voltage - 243V Avg Amps - 38.13A
Max Amps - 40A $ 9.69 227.39 8 Hours 30 Minutes 2,376.54

Tesla App Notification: Charging completed at 6:11am with batter at 244 mi. I have it set to miles so I can see my Rated Miles at 100% if it makes it there. My 99% showed 248 mi. At 100% my 75D should be 259 Rated Miles.

I'd be curious to know what the community has to say about this. I recently picked up a CPO 2013 P85 with 75k miles and my 90% is consistently 218 which I thought was a bit low.

That works out to 242 miles at 100%. The P85 was EPA rated at 265 miles. That's an 8.6% loss. That is maybe a little on the high end of average, but it's well within normal range. KmanAuto (islandbay on the forum) has an early 2016 S 90D that has lost 13% of it's rated range.

For all the specs of all the versions:
Tesla Model S - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
My remanufactured D-rev pack (replaced the original failed B-rev pack in early 2017) on my 2013 is now seeing 230 miles @90%.

It was 231 when I first got the reman pack. Of course it's stupid cold here at the moment, so we'll see if that changes at all when sane temps return.

That works out to 242 miles at 100%. The P85 was EPA rated at 265 miles. That's an 8.6% loss. That is maybe a little on the high end of average, but it's well within normal range. KmanAuto (islandbay on the forum) has an early 2016 S 90D that has lost 13% of it's rated range.

Why no HP figures for 100D?

Appreciate the response, wdolson. Just curious, what lost % should someone be concerned for a sub 100k mile car? Better yet, are there specific numbers that Tesla covers under warranty? Or is it purely case by case?

Reactions: Kacey Green
Appreciate the response, wdolson. Just curious, what lost % should someone be concerned for a sub 100k mile car? Better yet, are there specific numbers that Tesla covers under warranty? Or is it purely case by case?

I think Tesla looks at actual failure of cells or modules for warranty repair as opposed to just a general degradation of all the cells over time. Decline in capacity of all the cells is normal wear and tear whereas an outright failure is a warranty issue.

Here is some real world data on battery degradation
Tesla Model S battery degradation data

Reactions: Kacey Green