Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea how to find out what "pack" I have, but I recently charged to 90% and it only shows 224 miles. I think I used to get 246. I am going to do a few range charges to Vegas next week and back and hope that rebalances it.
If you look at the sticker located on the battery behind the front passenger wheel, you can find out what battery you have.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
Ok, so I know I'm new a owner, but this is the first time I'm hearing of a gain over time. Is this really possible? And, is it possible in the cold winter? If so I'm all ears. Thanks.

That's my understanding as well. The algorithms that determine range are doing their thing. And they can't always make perfect calculations when charging and discharging at less than 100 or 0%.

From what I've read, to get a true hack of the battery, it needs to be balanced, charged to 100%, drained to 0, charged to 100% again...THEN you read the true battery output depicted as a range.

• Informative
Reactions: isjka
Not sure if they changed the 90 packs recently but my new 90 pack indicates 415 km (258 mi) at 90%. I charged to 100% last week before a trip and it indicated 460 km (285 mi). I thought that was a little high but its a new pack so I suspect it will lose a few miles quickly. Before it suddenly died my 85 pack was putting out a respectable 387 km (240 mi) at 90%.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Not sure if they changed the 90 packs recently but my new 90 pack indicates 415 km (258 mi) at 90%. I charged to 100% last week before a trip and it indicated 460 km (285 mi). I thought that was a little high but its a new pack so I suspect it will lose a few miles quickly. Before it suddenly died my 85 pack was putting out a respectable 387 km (240 mi) at 90%.
Mine was 285 full now is 277

d21 Mike -

I believe the base 100% range of a 75D is 249 - and 90% of 249 is 224.
The Model S 75 is 249 but they do not sell it any more so can not see online easy.
The Model S 75D is 259 and you can easily verify online now.
Order a Model S

I actually chose the 75D for the extra 10 miles Range. And for the Dual Motor :)

My car was built 9/28/2017 if something has changed.

BTW.. The Model X 75D is 237.