Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My complaint isn't so much with the end result as it is with the marketing. I think most of us have seen pictures of the 100D dash showing 335 miles at full charge. My first, and only, full charge topped out at 315. That's quite a difference in my opinion, and I highly doubt it will increase over time.

This is barely more than a 90D????? You should have a nearly 16kWh more than this car.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Is this normal or is this a build/service issue? The car is seven weeks old and has less than 800 miles. Replies appreciated.

Contact Tesla service. They can check the logs on the car remotely, but the logs overwrite every few days. You might need to do another 100% charge. Your 100% sounds way too low. Something may be wrong with your battery pack.

Contact Tesla service. They can check the logs on the car remotely, but the logs overwrite every few days. You might need to do another 100% charge. Your 100% sounds way too low. Something may be wrong with your battery pack.

I did some googling around and see that Edmund's is advertising 315 mi range for 100D, probably for a while now. It appears the new 100Ds charge at a lower amperage than the older ones (my 2016), and the charging cable isn't a "beefy" as the older one was. Were there software updates that reduced the range by an est. 20 miles for any battery pack issues/reasons? Any owners here with 2018 100s getting a full charge of 335 mi? I will follow up with service, even with my poor expectations.

I did some googling around and see that Edmund's is advertising 315 mi range for 100D, probably for a while now. It appears the new 100Ds charge at a lower amperage than the older ones (my 2016), and the charging cable isn't a "beefy" as the older one was. Were there software updates that reduced the range by an est. 20 miles for any battery pack issues/reasons? Any owners here with 2018 100s getting a full charge of 335 mi? I will follow up with service, even with my poor expectations.

My S100D is 16 months old with 39,500 miles. 90% is 293 miles and 100% is 324-325 miles. So your 90% seems about right and is about what mine was when its used to charge to 335 miles at 100%. So something isn't right about your 100%.

My S100D is 16 months old with 39,500 miles. 90% is 293 miles and 100% is 324-325 miles. So your 90% seems about right and is about what mine was when its used to charge to 335 miles at 100%. So something isn't right about your 100%.

My 90% appears to be about 300-304 mi and 100% is 315. One full charge so far, which topped at 315 mi. 315 is a fair bit short of both 325 and 335. I'm on a road trip in a couple weeks to Tucson. We'll see what it's like after the trip.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkKW
My 90% appears to be about 300-304 mi and 100% is 315. One full charge so far, which topped at 315 mi. 315 is a fair bit short of both 325 and 335. I'm on a road trip in a couple weeks to Tucson. We'll see what it's like after the trip.

Are you sure you charged to 100%? A 90% of 300 would correlate with a 100% of 333.

Are you sure you charged to 100%? A 90% of 300 would correlate with a 100% of 333.

So with so few miles on the car, I obviously haven't charged much. Here is what I believe happened. I took the charge to 90% when it was delivered at Buena Park. (I used the center console to set the charge.) When I next charged, it was at home, and I used the app on my phone. The slider on the app isn't that precise and I probably wasn't paying much attention. It was my intent to charge to 100% but I probably didn't move the slider all the way to the right OR I started the charge with the app and without selecting how much power was I charging to, which was the 90% that was on the app from the last charge of my S75. Yesterday, I charged to 100% at the Rancho Cucamonga SC and it stopped at 335 miles. Issue resolved. So for wasting all the white space.

• Funny
Reactions: dark cloud
I had never charged my 100D to 100% from the time i had bought car (Sep 2017) till recently March 2018. I came across this thread and wanted to test what my 100% it resulted in 319 miles. My 90% when the car was new used to be 300 miles, but my current 90% is 287 miles. Talked to Service centre on my last visit they say all systems checkout normal and there is no issues.. I am worried about degradation and if the loss will expand further..

I had never charged my 100D to 100% from the time i had bought car (Sep 2017) till recently March 2018. I came across this thread and wanted to test what my 100% it resulted in 319 miles. My 90% when the car was new used to be 300 miles, but my current 90% is 287 miles. Talked to Service centre on my last visit they say all systems checkout normal and there is no issues.. I am worried about degradation and if the loss will expand further..
Typically both Model S & X lose about 5% of their range in the first year, but then the loss seems to flatten out.

Check out this crowd sourced chart. At the bottom click "charts" to see it spelled out in nice graphical form.

So with so few miles on the car, I obviously haven't charged much. Here is what I believe happened. I took the charge to 90% when it was delivered at Buena Park. (I used the center console to set the charge.) When I next charged, it was at home, and I used the app on my phone. The slider on the app isn't that precise and I probably wasn't paying much attention. It was my intent to charge to 100% but I probably didn't move the slider all the way to the right OR I started the charge with the app and without selecting how much power was I charging to, which was the 90% that was on the app from the last charge of my S75. Yesterday, I charged to 100% at the Rancho Cucamonga SC and it stopped at 335 miles. Issue resolved. So for wasting all the white space.

Everyone makes mistakes. User errors like that are easier to fix than a real battery problem!

Ya, at 71 years of age, I'll probably start making quite a few more.

The year my father turned 80 I had to redefine my definition of "old" when I had trouble keeping up with him on a trail. I do know some people younger than 71 who are "old" and some people much older who aren't. A lot depends on a person's frame of mind.

Reactions: dark cloud