Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your color? - production

What's your favorite color? - production

• Black

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • White

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Grey

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Brown

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • Pearl White

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The brown metallic paint did look nice on the little car. Too bad you can't take those things outside into the sunlight!

The interior choices are, to my thinking, disappointing. On non-Sig, you have black microfiber and 3 leathers: black, tan, and gray. Sig add white leather as an option. I dearly wish that a saddle color leather were offered -- why is it so hard to get leather in leather color?

I like the saddle color! I haven't seen the tan or the grey leather seats yet. Is the grey a darker grey? if so then I found the interior choice I want. Also why isn't the option of two tone seats available like in the roadster?

The brown metallic paint did look nice on the little car. Too bad you can't take those things outside into the sunlight!

The interior choices are, to my thinking, disappointing. On non-Sig, you have black microfiber and 3 leathers: black, tan, and gray. Sig add white leather as an option. I dearly wish that a saddle color leather were offered -- why is it so hard to get leather in leather color?

I would opt for a saddle if available.

I like the saddle color! I haven't seen the tan or the grey leather seats yet. Is the grey a darker grey? if so then I found the interior choice I want. Also why isn't the option of two tone seats available like in the roadster?
The gray is a fairly light color -- looks about the same color as BMW's "Everest Gray Dakota Leather".

The two-tone seats in the Roadster cost an extra $7,500, IIRC. Everything about the Roadster was handbuilt, while the Model S is made on an assembly line, so they are trying hard to avoid these customizations. If you really want sexy leather options, I think you'll need to find an after-market shop.

The gray is a fairly light color -- looks about the same color as BMW's "Everest Gray Dakota Leather".

The two-tone seats in the Roadster cost an extra $7,500, IIRC. Everything about the Roadster was handbuilt, while the Model S is made on an assembly line, so they are trying hard to avoid these customizations. If you really want sexy leather options, I think you'll need to find an after-market shop.

Or wait until they're introduced in S1.5 or 2.0 then retrofit. Wasn't there talk of special seats in the performance models?

I wonder when we'll see the first pictures of "Exterior carbon fiber accents".

On the Features page, they have the 21" Performance wheels, but no accents. Presumably this is yet another rendering of the vehicle that is due for correction (those wheels aren't available without choosing Performance, which comes with the accents).

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/model_s_performance_2_0.png
model_s_performance_2_0.png

Last edited:

I'm very concerned with the light color interiors. My cousin bought a brand new Lexus LS 600hl in 2010. The interior was this really light tan leather (almost white with a hint of color) It was less than a month before the driver seat looked like crap. Dyes being transferred from jeans and belts to the seats was ridiculous! It's not like he wears cheap clothes either, it was a nightmare having to have to seats conditioned after a month. Lexus solution from the dealer was to put something over the seats before you sit on them.

I don't want to go through that. I'm fine with black, but I would like a saddle (thanks for that idea), dark grey or something similar I look at the white interior on the sig and I get flash backs of my cousins seats.

I'm very concerned with the light color interiors. My cousin bought a brand new Lexus LS 600hl in 2010. The interior was this really light tan leather (almost white with a hint of color) It was less than a month before the driver seat looked like crap. Dyes being transferred from jeans and belts to the seats was ridiculous! It's not like he wears cheap clothes either, it was a nightmare having to have to seats conditioned after a month. Lexus solution from the dealer was to put something over the seats before you sit on them.

I don't want to go through that. I'm fine with black, but I would like a saddle (thanks for that idea), dark grey or something similar I look at the white interior on the sig and I get flash backs of my cousins seats.

Heh -- different priorities! I won't do dark interiors because they heat up to scorching if you leave the car outdoors in the summer, so light it is for me! And I don't like the tan, and the signature doesn't come in grey, so I'm going to end up with white. Most of my clothes are completely non-bleeding (no jeans, no belts), but I will be putting blankets over the back seat before I let anyone else ride in it. Which is fine with me.

Hmmmm...I have light colored leather in my Volt and after a year I have no issues. I wear jeans 99% of the time and the other 1% I am naked. Even my very light leather couches had little issues with staining after 10 years before I sold them. There was a little but not really noticeable.

Is there a way to change your vote? Not that it matters that much. I was at the Menlo Park store today and got to take the samples out in the sun unlike the samples at Santana Row where they are fixed to the wall for now. I'm now leaning towards the "green" which is not anything like the TM website. It's a green/blue/grey color. Very subtle.

Hmmmm...I have light colored leather in my Volt and after a year I have no issues. I wear jeans 99% of the time and the other 1% I am naked. Even my very light leather couches had little issues with staining after 10 years before I sold them. There was a little but not really noticeable.

Might have "staining" issues when naked as well...

semi aniline leather stains like crazy (particularly the leather used by Lexus and MB), both of which Tesla has deals to use their suppliers.

The brown I feel even more confident will look beautiful, The Model x is that brown (watch the videos of elon intro in the daytime) and it looks fantastic.