Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your daily charge rate and how many miles until you feel you need to recharge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...you should plug in and charge around that percentage?...

For a long road trip, I Supercharge to 80% because, after 80%, the charging speed is not as speedy to worth my time. Also, while on the road, I try not to deplete my battery down below 20% because a low state of charge is not good for your battery.

If I am not on a trip, I would follow what the owner's manual says:

"LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it."

It's understandable if I don't want to plug in more than once a day, but at least, I should plug in once a day.

Frequent recharge shallow discharges are more preferable than waiting for a deep discharge:

For example, if I set my charge daily at 90% and I spend 10% of the charge for my daily driving, I should charge it daily when it goes down from 90% to 80% and not waiting for 8 days for it to go down from 90% to 10%.

People have all kinds of percentage numbers to set your charge and all kinds of frequencies to delay a charge but I just follow what the Tesla Service Center wrote down: 90% daily:

Service appointment for 12 month old Model 3 for range loss /invoice for out of warranty inspection?

• Informative
Reactions: who.m3