Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your driving style?

How do you drive your Model 3?

• I seek out fun drives that push the limits of both my car and local laws

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • It's my daily commuter, and I'm getting to my destination aggressively and quickly

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I drive normally, but occasionally have extra fun on corners or acceleration

Votes: 47 62.7%
  • It's my daily commuter, I drive gentle enough

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Always Chill Mode and/or drive like I have a wedding cake in the trunk

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

As is often the case, EV owners I've interacted with are very different from the ones on this forum. One of the more striking differences (especially prevalent in tire-related discussions) is how often people need or want performance characteristics of their car, requiring or recommending tires for that purpose instead of daily traction and comfort. The ones I've talked to in person are looking for practicality, environmental concerns, etc.

Of course, the Model 3 does attract more performance-oriented drivers than a Chevy Bolt (for example). But it also attracts the same crowd as a Chevy Bolt in many ways, which we can agree is not a performance machine.

So, there's the poll. How do you tend to drive your Model 3?

I spend 1 hour on Tuesday evenings and 2+ hours on Sunday mornings seeking out curvy and scenic roads that push the limits of this car (and the law ;)), as have on all my previous cars. This best thing about this car is balance between relaxing drives and spirited drives. Few cars can actually carry the 'sports sedan' label as well

Reactions: RobRain and Shemp
I didn't get the car because it's enviromentaly friendly, that's just a byproduct. I got the car because it's cool, fast and high-tech.Oh and my wife likes it too.

A car grabs your soul, it's an extension of you, your personality. its gat to fit you like a well worn pair of jeans.

I spend 1 hour on Tuesday evenings and 2+ hours on Sunday mornings seeking out curvy and scenic roads that push the limits of this car (and the law ;)), as have on all my previous cars. This best thing about this car is balance between relaxing drives and spirited drives. Few cars can actually carry the 'sports sedan' label as well

I guess I need to add Tuesday to my Sunday schedule!!!

I call it Track Mode Sunday.

Odd man out here. I bought the Tesla to replace my ICE daily driver to save money and not have to buy gas any longer. To buy a Tesla for the purpose of flooring it at (almost) every opportunity just seems counter-intuitive, yet I'm certain many did it merely for the 0-60 times, and for those that did, more power (and tickets) to you. I'm saving about $50 a week in gas after netting out the cost of electricity. Then there's the savings from not having to take the toll road every day so I don't sit in traffic.So between gas and toll road savings, probably $75 a week, easily!

Reactions: nvx1977
2 decades ago I got a fast car and gunned it at every light to show off to other drivers. Not feeling the need to do that anymore. must be lower testosterone levels these days. With the Tesla, I find myself alone when I gun it these days. When I'm not doing that, I'm marveling at how efficient the 3 is, and how awesome that I have the choice to treat it like a sports car or an econobox. Def couldn't do that with my previous fun car.

Reactions: Shemp
Some days the best part of my day is my commute... maybe that’s sad o_O
I definitely use the available torque whenever reasonably possible.
Also just had to replace the original 50k-rated primacy tire at 35k miles, so there’s that.