Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your estimate for the price of a loaded Model 3...

What's your estimate for a fully loaded Model 3?

• $80k-90k

• $70k-$79k

• $60k-$69k

• $50k-$59k

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Tesla junkies threre will be a Model3 as expensive as a ModelX...

I just need cupholders...
Ow... and SC and pano.

All depending on the european prices in 2018.

Dark blue with brown interior...
But in fact I am really dreaming about a sort of convertible similar to the Fiat500c in stead of the glass dome at the reveal2 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What you need to keep in mind is that BMW is just about to release the i3 with 195 miles range, the Chevy Bolt has 200 miles range, the Generation 3 Nissan Leaf will also have 200 mile range. These are all 30k-40k cars. Some are not very fast, others are ugly, but to some people that just get in and drive, it doesn't make any difference.

I would happily pay up to £55K for a fully loaded Model 3, but then I want to DRIVE a nice looking car with a sting in the tail. Much more than 50k and Tesla will lose the market.

Remember that an almost unknown Faraday Future are also doing very similar things with ex Tesla employees. They are also building a $1billion factory for making batteries, etc. That gives them a huge head start. The competition is going to be fierce, but one thing for sure, the ICE powered vehicles days are seriously numbered.

What you need to keep in mind is that BMW is just about to release the i3 with 195 miles range, the Chevy Bolt has 200 miles range, the Generation 3 Nissan Leaf will also have 200 mile range. These are all 30k-40k cars. Some are not very fast, others are ugly, but to some people that just get in and drive, it doesn't make any difference.

The new BMW i3 is only 114 miles on the EPA cycle, which is what most people quote and refer to these days. It's a 33 kWh battery.

They are referring to the 2017 BMW Volt ..err sorry i3 REx which goes 194 mi on electric and 276 mi when combined with a full tank of gas.

The range extended version has a bigger battery than the electric only model.

For me, it's a balance of when it's available and what cost.
  • I'm not an early reservation (mid April) - so later in queue
  • I'm not a current mS/mX owner - so later in queue
  • I'm in Canada - so probably slightly later in queue
  • I'm "west coast" - so that might help spot ever so slightly.
  • Options - unknown - could move spot either way
If I could buy a decently equipped one today, for $55k usd, I would.

Do I think, that I'll eventually actually own a model 3? I honestly couldn't give odds either way.

Each month that goes by between now and when I actually get to configure (and see actual price and date) is another month where I might see something else (Apple, Google, Faraday, even unannounced Tesla models) that more appeals to me (price, features, value).

Currently, the Model 3 is winning (by a huge margins) - but as I wait my turn, that could change.

No way the Tesla 3 maxxed out will be 100k. It's competition is the BMW M3 or Audi S4. The S4 tops out at 64k. The BMW M3 tops out at 80k. Tesla's goal is to surpass the competition. They can't do that if they're priced 15-20k higher than the competition.
Sorry, your numbers are off. BMW M3 loaded $93715. The S4 builds to your price.

The PxxD variants are certainly the equivalent of BMW 3/5 vs M in performance but the base Tesla is well above the BMW base. I see every reason for the maxed PxxD Model 3 to approach $100,000. That is already typical of the S vs BMW 5/7 anyway. Why give money away!

Anything over $70K would be excessive. My bet is the $40K AWD version does 0-60 in 4.x seconds. Doubling the price for a Ludicrous and all the options is just Ludicrous. I hope the options are priced a little more sanely than those for the Model S.

Anything over $70K would be excessive. My bet is the $40K AWD version does 0-60 in 4.x seconds. Doubling the price for a Ludicrous and all the options is just Ludicrous. I hope the options are priced a little more sanely than those for the Model S.

as much as we hate it with other OEMs, I think they're going to go for a more bundled approach with options, for ease of manufacturing.

You might not want option ____, but if you want a PxxD-L, you're gonna pay for it......

Reactions: MP3Mike
My bet is the $40K AWD version does 0-60 in 4.x seconds.

latest

Except it will have a smaller battery. Smaller battery = less horsepower.

Not necessarily true, depends on voltage... a 400V 50kWh battery pack would be able to deliver the same power to the motors as the P90DL just not the range. Historically Tesla's lower capacity battery packs have lower voltage but that doesn't have to be true for future smaller battery packs.

• Informative
Reactions: voip-ninja
Not necessarily true, depends on voltage... a 400V 50kWh battery pack would be able to deliver the same power to the motors as the P90DL just not the range. Historically Tesla's lower capacity battery packs have lower voltage but that doesn't have to be true for future smaller battery packs.

It doesn't just depend on voltage, though. It also depends on the maximum output of the cells. Maximum power output of a battery pack is always related to the capacity (although it can also be limited by other factors), just as maximum charging speed is. We don't have any idea of the characteristics of the Model 3 battery, but I wouldn't assume that the base version is going to have the same power as the Model S 70D.

Since traction is the biggest limiter with improving 0-60 times, I would assume less weight would actually slightly hurt the Model 3's times. The second biggest limiter is energy output, which is limited by battery capacity (it's all about the parallel output from all the cells). If the Model 3 has 2/3 the battery capacity of a Model S, I find it hard to believe that it would also have 2/3 the weight, leading to a lower power to weight ratio than the S.