Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your estimate for the price of a loaded Model 3...

What's your estimate for a fully loaded Model 3?

• $80k-90k

• $70k-$79k

• $60k-$69k

• $50k-$59k

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since traction is the biggest limiter with improving 0-60 times, I would assume less weight would actually slightly hurt the Model 3's times. The second biggest limiter is energy output, which is limited by battery capacity (it's all about the parallel output from all the cells). If the Model 3 has 2/3 the battery capacity of a Model S, I find it hard to believe that it would also have 2/3 the weight, leading to a lower power to weight ratio than the S.

might explain the staggered setup in the prototypes. a little extra rubber meeting the road....

If cooling was adequate at a 10 C discharge rate you can pull 550 kW from a 55 kWh... Plenty for ludicrous even with a small battery but likely they'd reserve it for the bigger battery option for range. At the current weight estimates I doubt computer controlled traction is going to be much of an issue.

Consider this: The green zombie 222 goes MUCH faster and quicker than a Tesla and it uses a 40 kWh battery (with capacitors)

If they are marketing it as a BMW series 3 killer, they should stick within the options range of it. A fully loaded 320i (baseline of ~$35k) goes up to ~$56k. So I really can't see the Model 3 optioning past $60k. But who knows, especially with offerings like Ludicrous Speed. :)

But if ludicrous speed puts another 20k on the price for 1 second less on the 0-60mph time, then what's the point? I was out in the Nissan Leaf earlier doing the traffic light grand prix, and it was beating everything up to 60mph, and that by comparison to a sub 6 second (hopefully the AWD will be sub 5 second) Tesla, would annihilate most things off the lights, and up to speeds fast enough to get banned.

If they are marketing it as a BMW series 3 killer, they should stick within the options range of it. A fully loaded 320i (baseline of ~$35k) goes up to ~$56k. So I really can't see the Model 3 optioning past $60k. But who knows, especially with offerings like Ludicrous Speed. :)

You're forgetting about performance versions. The non-P version of the Model 3 will be in that range, but the BMW M3 starts at $63.5K and goes well up from there.

Reactions: zenmaster
They are referring to the 2017 BMW Volt ..err sorry i3 REx which goes 194 mi on electric and 276 mi when combined with a full tank of gas.

The range extended version has a bigger battery than the electric only model.

Hmmm ... no. REx has the same battery and a slightly lower EV range.

Official: 2017 BMW i3 Gets 33 kWh Battery, Range Increases To 114 Miles

The 114-mile range is listed for the BEV version of the i3. BMW didn’t mention a range figure for the 2017 i3 REx, but did say that the REx version will get the 33 kWh battery pack too.

Since traction is the biggest limiter with improving 0-60 times, I would assume less weight would actually slightly hurt the Model 3's times. The second biggest limiter is energy output, which is limited by battery capacity (it's all about the parallel output from all the cells). If the Model 3 has 2/3 the battery capacity of a Model S, I find it hard to believe that it would also have 2/3 the weight, leading to a lower power to weight ratio than the S.

Please give me an M3 that loses traction on ALL 4 wheels. I wouldn't mind at all.

It would be just Ludicrous forTesla to limit the 0-60 times because they have a concern about spinning wheels. Come on.