Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your estimate for the price of a loaded Model 3...

What's your estimate for a fully loaded Model 3?

• $80k-90k

• $70k-$79k

• $60k-$69k

• $50k-$59k

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd have to say $69k if he has s3x on his mind. Really depends on how big the battery's could get and how ludicrous the price of ludicrous will be. Personally, I wouldn't pay big bucks for the performance unlock. Even the base cars will be quite fast. I'll be happy paying about $50k for dual motors, AP, SC, and a battery upgrade.

I'll be happy to pay 55k for battery upgrade, next gen seats, primium int., AP, SC and full pano roof.
No need for air suspension, cold weather pack, bigger rims, upgrade soundsystem and dual motors.

"Think that a price range of 55-60 K for full options would be reasonable. I fear some of the option will be very costly, making the Model 3 a realistic alternative for the Model S rather than an affordable car for a large audience! Super charge and extended battery/range are nobrainer options, so, should,in fact, be standard...... Adding on glass roof (thought Elon presented this as standard), next gen (why not standard) seats are other features, which would have to be standard, or reasonable priced add-ons.

"Think that a price range of 55-60 K for full options would be reasonable. I fear some of the option will be very costly, making the Model 3 a realistic alternative for the Model S rather than an affordable car for a large audience! Super charge and extended battery/range are nobrainer options, so, should,in fact, be standard...... Adding on glass roof (thought Elon presented this as standard), next gen (why not standard) seats are other features, which would have to be standard, or reasonable priced add-ons.
Only the glass roof for the back seat is standard not the front. If the standard seats are a bit like the standard on the S model than i must have the next gen.

I think adding in EVERYTHING on the Model 3 will be closer to $80,000.

A base S is $71,500. With every option, except the rear facing kid seats since we know that will not be an option on the 3, the total goes to $144,500. A $73,000 increase! Reducing the Model S increase by 25% brings the additional to $54,750. Add that to the base Model 3 $35,000 and you have $89,750.
Another way to look at it is the loaded Model S is 202.09% the base price. Multiplying the Model 3's base by the same gives you $70,731.
So somewhere between the two ways to guesstimate you get $80k.

Agreed with those on the higher end, like $80k or so. If they have similar options for Model 3 as they do for S and X, there's no way it will be less than $70k to get every single option. If anything, they may have even more options as they take some standard S and X features out of the base Model 3 to keep pricing starting at $35k.

If you look at 320i or A4 as an example, base model with RWD/FWD only and non leather seating surfaces (and lowest performance engine option) runs around $33,000. Fully loaded versions with AWD and all of the bells and whistles pretty much double that price.

Performance versions (S4/M3/M4) are an additional $10,000 or so over the "regular" versions but also have custom everything including custom engines, body kits, suspensions and in some cases even different frames... in other words, way more than Tesla is going to do with their "ludicrous" mode.

I would expect a fully decked out Model 3 to be about 2X the base model and then add another $5,000-$10,000 for some of the more unique things like Ludicrous mode that very few customers will be willing to pay for (but really just are software unlock and maybe one small part change).

I would also expect a lot of option bundling. For example, you probably won't be able to get performance AWD without buying the biggest battery pack they sell, and also might require purchase of super-charging.

For me personally I need to be able to get most of the options offered on the car for about $60,000 before any tax credits and I would prefer it if they higher line cars have some visual cues to distinguish them from the entry level models, such as minor body kit changes, special wheels and colors not available on base model cars. Call that a bit of BMW snobbery coming out.

Tesla will milk the option cow as long and as hard as they can. History has a way of repeating itself when money is involved.

Reservation slots matter. Probably matter the most. People are clinging to a few vague tweets, but no way in hell Tesla skips someone who was 1st in line at a store the day of reveal for someone who puts in a reservation today, no matter how much they spend on the car. That would be a PR disaster.

Only was your claim happens is if there are no cars bought below 55k, or no cars delivered until 2020 period.

Reservation slots matter. Probably matter the most. People are clinging to a few vague tweets, but no way in hell Tesla skips someone who was 1st in line at a store the day of reveal for someone who puts in a reservation today, no matter how much they spend on the car. That would be a PR disaster.

Except Tesla has a history of doing exactly that. Ask any 70D Model X reservation holder. Maybe they will change their process for the Model 3, maybe they won't.

I won't be surprised if they do milk as many high battery cars for as long as they can before they start shipping the lower battery models.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver

Only was your claim happens is if there are no cars bought below 55k, or no cars delivered until 2020 period.

Pure reservation slots haven't mattered to Tesla up to this point. Not with the S, or the X. Ask some early reservation holder Model X 70D customers where their cars are. The 'Reservation Agreement' that we agreed to states very clearly that sequence is up to Tesla.

If #1 at a store wants a $35K Model 3, he/she will indeed be skipped. That is known. The investment community was told that "Highly Optioned" vehicles will be prioritized first. If there are 200,000 people behind #1 who will spend $60K, they will get served first. History.

Finally, what is more of a PR disaster? Disappointing base model reservation holders, or disappointing investors and analysts by telling them that the company passed over higher margins and revenue to fulfill the promise of a few tweets? You decide.