Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's Your Favorite Ceramic-Infused Spray Sealant?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another one for XPEL boost. just like others, got it free. i've also been exclusively using washes with the wax built in, using the XPEL after or as a touch-up. trying something new this time around.
I recently asked the techs at Adams Polishes what they consider they're best ceramic detail spray. They have many products I like, ceramic Waterless Wash, H2O Guard and Gloss, regular detail spray...
They said Ceramic Boost!
I love using the H2O Guard and Gloss after a wash as a drying agent and to give it a super shine. Once I'm done with that, it's a quick spray and wipe with the Boost. To me, it's like a fast wax job.
Those of you who have the Xpel boost will save a few bucks by going to Adams once you've used up the free version. Exact same stuff, skip the middle man.
I'll get some Adam's converts yet! LOL.:p

Reactions: joebruin77
Yes, it's relabeled for Xpel by Adam's. Unless something changed recently that's what was mentioned on both Co.s websites.

Hey, guys I just wanted to re-visit this.

I've been using Xpel branded boost getting low so ordered Adams Boost 2.
I'll post some pics but it is NOT a rebrand

The chemical itself from Xpel is a white color and Adams is like a green/blue color
So the obviously added something so it's not just a rebrand.
Haven't used Adams just yet. Perhaps over the weekend, I'll report back

Please let us know.

Also, you may want to try this ceramic-infused sealant. I have used it twice now and I love it. It provides an amazing shine, super slick feeling, and is very durable/resistant:

The Last Coat - Upgraded Formula (TLC2)

If you sign up for their mailing list, they will most likely send you a coupon for 15% off your first order.

They also sell another product which I have not tried yet called Amp, which is like a ceramic-infused detail spray / booster.

Using Meguair’s Hybrid Ceramic for just about a month now. I started with a foam wash, then a hand wash to scrub out bugs and red spots, then a whole body synthetic clay bar. Finally I did a base coat of the product followed by a second rinse off coat as recommended by Meguiar. The first coat worked great just like you see on YouTube. Didn’t notice any apparent improvement from the second coat, but it’s been working great so far. I haven’t washed my car since, 3 weeks, and rain seems to wash off the dead bugs etc now :) They are a few orange spots which rub off with light pressure by finger.. gonna wash it this weekend and see if the rest comes off with just foam.

It seems like Tesla owners will spend gobs of money on anything with ceramic in it. I dont see how this is any different than any other quick detailer or wax as you dry thats 1/5 of the cost. Besides maybe adding some ceramic to it?? These companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

It seems like Tesla owners will spend gobs of money on anything with ceramic in it. I dont see how this is any different than any other quick detailer or wax as you dry thats 1/5 of the cost. Besides maybe adding some ceramic to it?? These companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

I understand and respect your healthy skeptism. No doubt there are many over priced, over hyped car care products on the market (can anyone say F-11?). That said, I think it is an overgeneralization to say or imply that any ceramic-infused product is a waste of money. I personally have seen how ceramic-infused products offer greater gloss, shine, and durable protection. And not all ceramic products are super expensive. For example, a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine (non ceramic) runs about $9. A bottle of Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray runs about $16. Or another great value is Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray at $40 a gallon.

And if you also take into account how a ceramic infused sealant will last 1.5 to twice as long as a non-ceramic sealant, then difference in cost over time is pretty negligible.

I understand and respect your healthy skeptism. No doubt there are many over priced, over hyped car care products on the market (can anyone say F-11?). That said, I think it is an overgeneralization to say or imply that any ceramic-infused product is a waste of money. I personally have seen how ceramic-infused products offer greater gloss, shine, and durable protection. And not all ceramic products are super expensive. For example, a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine (non ceramic) runs about $9. A bottle of Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray runs about $16. Or another great value is Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray at $40 a gallon.

And if you also take into account how a ceramic infused sealant will last 1.5 to twice as long as a non-ceramic sealant, then difference in cost over time is pretty negligible.

So what would you say are the top 3 reasonably priced ceramics?

Hey, guys I just wanted to re-visit this.

I've been using Xpel branded boost getting low so ordered Adams Boost 2.
I'll post some pics but it is NOT a rebrand

The chemical itself from Xpel is a white color and Adams is like a green/blue color
So the obviously added something so it's not just a rebrand.
Haven't used Adams just yet. Perhaps over the weekend, I'll report back
I'm glad you did, tfraley! It made me look into the matter and I went to the horses mouth. This is from a tech at Adam's Polishes, Xpel did try and did successfully "mimick" Adam's original Ceramic Boost formula which was white. Adam's has since improved their formula which is now the blueish color you now see. Originally, Xpel did state that Adam's quality was the intent, I mistook it to say they were the same. Both original formulas out of the container cannot be told apart unless you're a PhD chemist. I still have a bottle of the original white and it has lasted me for several years. I expect to see the new one by the end of the year. Being so far ahead in formula quality, I'll hang with Adams but I have to say I was wrong in thinking they were the same. They were very similar for a while and that was over a year and a half ago with the new boost.
Thanks for questioning, now I know better!

Reactions: tfraley
So what would you say are the top 3 reasonably priced ceramics?

There is a difference between ceramic coatings and ceramic-infused spray sealants. I do not have experience or knowledge of ceramic coatings, so I can't give a good opinion about those. As for ceramic-infused spray sealants, I personally have used and like The Last Coat 2.0 and OptiCoat's Hyper Seal. I also love the Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. I have used the non ceramic Turtle Wax Seal and Shine and was very impressed with it. It makes me want to try the new Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray. At $16 a bottle, the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray is probably one of the best values on the market.

BTW, if you try The Last Coat, make sure you get the latest version. The newest version is a clear liquid with a black top. The original was a milky white liquid with a white top. The newest version is so much better and improved. It was rated the number one ceramic detail spray for 2019 by Pan The Organizer of youtube fame.

• Informative
Reactions: rlb4
Like Joebruin77 said, the cost breaks fairly evenly. Yes, initial cost is more. My Adam's Ceramic Coating was $80. It is enough to coat my car 3 times. Each treatment will last for a year or longer. One bottle of ceramic Boost has already lasted me over 2 years. Even if garaged, wax needs to be reapplied every 4 to 6 weeks. The $ is close but time spent is vastly different. I was a wax lover for 45 years and guys like Joebruin77 and others opened my eyes to the wonderful world of ceramics. I will only ever use wax on my classic '67 Coronet 440 from now on. Every thing else is getting the full ceramic treatment.

Reactions: joebruin77
So I did my first wash, rougghly 3 weeks after I applied Mequiars Hybrid Ceramic. I disappointed to announce the hood largely had no water beading and little sheeting. The water mostly just sat on the hood as a layer. The rest of the car seemed to to still be protected. I went ahead and did another clay bar run on the hood and re-applied the two recommended coats on the hood and the great water beading has returned. Let's see if it dies in 3 weeks again.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread. I did one application of gyeon wet coat on my wife’s uncoated Lexus NX last spring and it was still beading a couple weeks ago when I did another application. It lost its slickness and didn’t bead like a fresh application, but you can definitely tell it was still there. That durability you would NEVER get with a generic quick detailer or any wax.

Reactions: Kleenerth3