Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your favourite and least favourite supercharger and why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Having visited about 50% of the superchargers in the UK I thought I'd pose this question to see if there were any superchargers worth making a trip to visit?
My favourite is Flint Mountain which I've only visited once, but will be back again. A really friendly welcome and great, reasonably priced food at the golf club.
My least favourite? Well there are a couple that stand out, Wokingham as its surrounded by busy roads with no facilities close by apart from the Hilton who seem to only want staying guests to enter the premises and Uxbridge, Parking fee ontop of the charging and I found it difficult to find.

What are yours?

Reactions: MikeeUK
I like Chelmsford - at least in the winter, summer may be another matter, it's on the route from London and Eastern suburbs to Suffolk and Norfolk. Never seen more than 5 of the 8 stalls in use. I'm often the only one there. KFC and Sainsburys over the road.

Having visited about 50% of the superchargers in the UK I thought I'd pose this question to see if there were any superchargers worth making a trip to visit?
My favourite is Flint Mountain which I've only visited once, but will be back again. A really friendly welcome and great, reasonably priced food at the golf club.
My least favourite? Well there are a couple that stand out, Wokingham as its surrounded by busy roads with no facilities close by apart from the Hilton who seem to only want staying guests to enter the premises and Uxbridge, Parking fee ontop of the charging and I found it difficult to find.

What are yours?
You'll only have yourself to blame when next time you go to Flint Mountain you can't get a free stall! (I've never heard of it but now I'm interested!)

Blimey ... a thread on "favourite superchargers", who would have thought it. Its got to be like Blind Date, right?!

... for me its got to be Enfield in Ireland because it opened the day before I got there, and my Plan-B was both expensive and inconvenient :) Posh eatery there too ...

Heathrow Hilton used to give discount on Food and Drink for Tesla owners. I am grateful that they converted a piece of their car park to Supercharger, I have no idea why they also thought they needed to give me a discount! Last few times I've been it was a pandemic-hotel, so no food and drink option ...

I've had a good meal at Flint, and Northampton Hotel Campanile. The restaurant at Macon charger is excellent - but nothing else there.

There is a charger at the Flexi Lounge for the Chunnel at Calais - that's handy. (No equivalent on the way out at Folkestone)

TeslaFi says I've charged 22 times at Grantham. Pretty sure I've only ever sat in the car ... ditto 14 times at Stanstead and 10 at South Mimms.

TeslaFi says I've spent 2 days, 6 hours and 41 minutes at Superchargers ... not sure I needed to know that!

Reactions: Beady3647
Heathrow Hilton
During lockdown it was like a set from Zombieland - grass growing everywhere and no-one around. I quite liked the post-apocalyptic vibe.
After lockdown, the Hilton is open and you can grab a coffee in decent surroundings.
Never failed to get on a stall and a choice of 150kWh and 250kWh chargers.
Main reasons, if I'm honest, is the cost and I tend to pass it regularly.

Reactions: pow216
Having returned from a trip at the weekend from Cheshire to Scotland,in that trip alone I have seen two extremes;

Favourite - Eurocentral, Glasgow
Loads of chargers, plenty available. Hotel Dakota adjacent is very nice. Very pleasant experience.

Least Favourite - Tebay
For the first time in 3.5 years of ownership, had to queue to use chargers. Not a long wait but not what you want. During my time there the queue expanded to 3-4 cars at times. Given exponential increase in Tesla sales, but very slow increase in Tesla charge points I see things getting a lot worse before they improve. The thought Tesla may open up the chargers for any vehicles when they seem barely able to meet demand by their own is a concern.

Reactions: Gadgetman67
Least Favourite - Tebay
For the first time in 3.5 years of ownership, had to queue to use chargers. Not a long wait but not what you want. During my time there the queue expanded to 3-4 cars at times. Given exponential increase in Tesla sales, but very slow increase in Tesla charge points I see things getting a lot worse before they improve. The thought Tesla may open up the chargers for any vehicles when they seem barely able to meet demand by their own is a concern.

Eeek ... that's my favourite! Tebay is a victim of its own popularity (for the quality of it's produce and general environment). Not stopped there for a few months but I certainly noticed it had been increasingly busy over the past couple of years ... though never had to queue.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
How did I forget Darts Farm, Exeter .... busy with folk heading to the West Country, but the shop there is awesome.

And another off the M5 somewhere near Bristol that has a grass roof - Gordano maybe?

How the hell do you find them? I need a 3D sat nav to show that it is two floors below me.

That reminds me ... finding the chargers at Rupert Street Car Park, Bristol :)

RupertStreetCarPark.jpg

Two favourites - Rugby for its M6/A14/M1 central location & Braintree Electric Forecourt for everything.

I've yet to have a bad experience anywhere else although I don't appreciate the row of large bins beside the otherwise lovely Elveden SuCs