Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your favourite and least favourite supercharger and why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two favourites - Rugby for its M6/A14/M1 central location & Braintree Electric Forecourt for everything.

I've yet to have a bad experience anywhere else although I don't appreciate the row of large bins beside the otherwise lovely Elveden SuCs
Braintree is really something. A fully electric service station. Very impressive and a taste of things to come.

Ouch...

I discovered we have 24 Superchargers within 5 miles of our house :D

Surrounded by the things...
And I guess you have a home charger and never use one of those 24 SuC? :)
SuC will become slightly irrelevant atleast in countries like UK given their geography once Tesla comes up with 400-500 real world miles and home chargers/Destination chargers are around everywhere.

And I guess you have a home charger and never use one of those 24 SuC? :)
SuC will become slightly irrelevant atleast in countries like UK given their geography once Tesla comes up with 400-500 real world miles and home chargers/Destination chargers are around everywhere.
Two home Ev Chargers on 3 Phase power & Solar

I had 2000 free Supercharger miles when I bought the car... so periodically visited them just to use up the power. Still got 250 miles left to use before September 2022

I've been to them now about 10 or 11 times, very lucky to have them so close and accessible.

Screenshot_20211013-114312_Gallery.jpg

20211009_150739.jpg

Two home Ev Chargers on 3 Phase power.

I had 2000 free Supercharger miles when I bought the car... so periodically visited them just to use up the power. Still got 250 miles left to use before September 2022

I've been to them now about 10 or 11 times, very lucky yo have them so close and accessible.

View attachment 793116

View attachment 793117
So sharing SuC with other EVs atleast is not an issue for you like many others then :)

Solstice Park, A303 at Amesbury is my local one and the only one I've used more than once so it has to be my favourite. Located in the Holiday Inn car park it is reasonably busy and there is a 10% discount on coffee and snacks in the Holiday Inn Coffee Shop.
Winchester, now open, could become a rival.

Fleet Services, northbound, is old, only 150kw and often busy. The new V3 superchargers are still hooded, as are all the southbound ones. The reason, it is believed, is down to a dispute between the landlord/property owner over the price of a wayleave to allow the power supply company to install new cables. This is both childish and anti-social, but as demand for EV points increases is likely to become more common. Legislation is needed to stop this sort of nonsense (rant over).

Reactions: Alan J
Best: Lifton Superchargers for the excellent farm shop cafe, the Braintree one probably comes second
Worst: Gretna Green for only having 4 old chargers, not had to queue myself but I am sure people are these days. Anyone where you have to enter your reg is also awful.

Interesting how my opinions aren't really about the Superchargers but about the conditions I encountered them in (which contrast with other opinions here) :

Best: Tebay Southbound. Both visits were busy but had spaces available, didn't care because the facilities there are fantastic. And if you don't want to use the facilities you can always just stare at the gorgeous scenery or go for a short woodland walk.
Worst: Gordano Services. Actually the supercharger and facilities are fine, but if you visit in the summer it can take 45 minutes to get from unplugging at the supercharger to actually leaving the services; the traffic is notoriously bad there when it's busy.

Reactions: Roger20
Favourite - Hilden somewhere near Dusseldorf. 40 chargers and an excellent bakery. Intended to only charge to 55% but actually left at 95%.
Zusmarshausen near Augsburg is also an excellent stop - a sort of German Gridserve with excellent facilities, shop & cafe.
In UK, Lifton is always a pleasant stop. I am so glad Ferrybridge is open, bizarrely after waiting for so long I have yet to visit it but I am sure it will be a regular for me.
Worst - Gretna, Abington - I always plan to avoid these 2 because of queuing. Fingers crossed for Todhills opening soon.

Most favourite is Edinburgh Airport.

I make sure to arrive with a cold and nearly full battery. The cost of the supercharging is then far cheaper than paying to use the airport car park (or even the drop off) when collecting or dropping off visitors.

No need to make much effort to slow down those 2 old Superchargers at the airport ... I only tried once, a couple of years ago, and got about 20kW!