Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's Your Idea of a Perfect Tesla Superbowl Ad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of like this idea. Thirty-second spot. We open with a relaxed Elon Musk sitting in a cushy chair, legs crossed. He's in a clean, empty, but well-lit industrial space, except for the vehicles arrayed in the background, facing the camera. Models S, X (wings up), 3, Y, new Roadster, Cybertruck and Semi. The camera moves in on Musk, who says: "We don't need to advertise." Cut to black. Tesla logo, followed by: tesla.com.

• Funny
Reactions: WesB
I think their last ad was a "smashing success!"

I do like your idea for an ad though! It's creative, simple, and sparks curiosity.

All jokes aside, it's not in Tesla's nature to do ads, especially paying millions of dollars for 30 seconds where the media would just find any way they can to pick it apart and try to destroy Tesla. Stock price would go down 10% for 2 weeks then bounce right back up, like it almost always seems to do with bad press.

Media: Tesla windows smashed!
Stockholders: Tesla is failing, sell sell sell!!
2 weeks later: Wait Tesla isn't out of business yet? Buy buy buy!!

I honestly can't see the point of an advert. The one conversion tactic to buy a Tesla is to get bums on seats. Once people have experienced one, they want one. No amount of poncing about on screen with it is going to do that.

I think their last ad was a "smashing success!"

I do like your idea for an ad though! It's creative, simple, and sparks curiosity.

All jokes aside, it's not in Tesla's nature to do ads, especially paying millions of dollars for 30 seconds where the media would just find any way they can to pick it apart and try to destroy Tesla. Stock price would go down 10% for 2 weeks then bounce right back up, like it almost always seems to do with bad press.

Media: Tesla windows smashed!
Stockholders: Tesla is failing, sell sell sell!!
2 weeks later: Wait Tesla isn't out of business yet? Buy buy buy!!
I think Tesla is at the point where they can have a little fun with PR, and why not? Given all the other car ads on Superbowl Sunday, why not launch a complete surprise ad that is ironic in the extreme, if for no other reason than to say: "We're in the game and we're serious players"? And then return to no advertising whatsoever. I think that would be unbelievably cool, ironic and funny beyond belief.

Give me a hovering roadster, with a model x flapping its doors, with a Cybertruck jumping over Model S, Y and 3 like Evil Kenevil, with the ATV doing burnouts in circles as a SpaceX rocket takes off in the background.
Then say “Nothing more American than the Super Bowl...except Tesla” then cut to an electrified Tesla T

Reactions: MichaelP90DL