TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What's your mileage?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ferrett, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

I'be been having trouble keeping to the standard mileage the Tesla has been selling us. I don't think I have a lead foot and I've been getting only 70-80% of the estimated mileage. So at 90% charge, Tesla estimated mileage on my dash says 226 miles. I've only been getting 160-180 out of that (essentially 70-80 miles out of the 100 estimated miles) Am I the only one?

I have a 90D and downgraded from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. It helped a little but not much.

2. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

No, but I know I have a lead foot and lots of mountains.;)

3. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

What's your actual vs estimated mileage on the dashboard?

4. Go Kat go2

Go Kat go2 New Member

We have been getting the spec mileage and I like to think the 20 inch wheels as a choice not a down grade. I love the look and the ride they provide.

5. luckyruby

luckyruby Member

90D with 22" here. Almost at 10,000 miles, my lifetime avg Wh/Mi is 386. 90% charge gets me 228 rated miles.

• Informative x 3
  6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks for that! I've been tracking both on a spreadsheet and you're the first X with 22's to report less than 400 Wh/m.

For the OP, here is the thread where owners are reporting avg. Wh/m, which directly relates to "mileage". To get the rated miles it seems you'd need to get about 340 Wh/m. Not easy. I'm at 412 (with 22's, lots of miles with bikes on a hitch mount rack, and a bit of lead foot), and so far the worst reported. :eek::p;)

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

Cheers!

7. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

I believe rated consumption is actually more like 330 Wh/mile. At least when I managed to have my last 5/15/30 miles or whatever at 330 Wh/mile, the average line and the rated line on the energy graph were directly on top of each other. Not sure if that is very scientific.

I can easily get rated mileage when I'm driving ~70 mph on my morning commute with little to no stop n go. I have another drive that is only 8 miles but hilly, lots of traffic, and heavy A/C usage and I usually average at least 400 Wh/mile in my 90D with 20" wheels.

• Informative x 1