TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's your mileage?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ferrett, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

I'be been having trouble keeping to the standard mileage the Tesla has been selling us. I don't think I have a lead foot and I've been getting only 70-80% of the estimated mileage. So at 90% charge, Tesla estimated mileage on my dash says 226 miles. I've only been getting 160-180 out of that (essentially 70-80 miles out of the 100 estimated miles) Am I the only one?

I have a 90D and downgraded from 22" wheels to 20" wheels. It helped a little but not much.

2. ModelX

ModelX Member

No, but I know I have a lead foot and lots of mountains.;)

3. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

What's your actual vs estimated mileage on the dashboard?

4. Go Kat go2

Go Kat go2 New Member

We have been getting the spec mileage and I like to think the 20 inch wheels as a choice not a down grade. I love the look and the ride they provide.

5. luckyruby

luckyruby Member

90D with 22" here. Almost at 10,000 miles, my lifetime avg Wh/Mi is 386. 90% charge gets me 228 rated miles.

• Informative x 3
  6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thanks for that! I've been tracking both on a spreadsheet and you're the first X with 22's to report less than 400 Wh/m.

For the OP, here is the thread where owners are reporting avg. Wh/m, which directly relates to "mileage". To get the rated miles it seems you'd need to get about 340 Wh/m. Not easy. I'm at 412 (with 22's, lots of miles with bikes on a hitch mount rack, and a bit of lead foot), and so far the worst reported. :eek::p;)

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

Cheers!

7. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

I believe rated consumption is actually more like 330 Wh/mile. At least when I managed to have my last 5/15/30 miles or whatever at 330 Wh/mile, the average line and the rated line on the energy graph were directly on top of each other. Not sure if that is very scientific.

I can easily get rated mileage when I'm driving ~70 mph on my morning commute with little to no stop n go. I have another drive that is only 8 miles but hilly, lots of traffic, and heavy A/C usage and I usually average at least 400 Wh/mile in my 90D with 20" wheels.

• Informative x 1