Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your next EV after Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an R1S reservation, but since I am in Canada I will have to wait until the second half of 2023 (or in Rivian speak that is more likely 2025 . . maybe). Compared to Tesla the Rivian is a very good value proposition, especially at the pre-March price increase.
I actually spoke to a Rivian employee whom owns a R1T and he said he loves it, the quality is there and that's what they base it out of but then I read where someone said his friend worked for Rivian and they hire any joe smoe that wants a job from McDonalds or something that assemble the cars.

Even before the increase it was a lot of money but now that hike, I can't even dream about it. Kudos for having the pre-increase reservation.

Reactions: cdub
Ill always buy Teslas for the foreseeable future but if i had the money I’d buy a Taycan just to have a real luxury car. I dont trust the other EV startups to last and the traditional manufacturers making EVs all look boring except for the F150 lightning but i dont need a truck.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Second car is a Honda HR-V. Don’t drive it much (even less since getting the MY) ….. but like having a backup car around. None of the other EVs swirling around in the news have caught my attention much. The Tesla interior has sort of ruined me on old-school, button and knob centric, interiors. So one day when we’re ready to replace it ….. maybe 2-5 yrs ….. a base Model 3 …… unless there is something new and interesting then. My hunch is ……. It will be an M3.

Reactions: abasile
Mach-E premium - refundable $500 - EDD - does Ford even know?
Shockingly, Serramonte Ford called me twice today to leave a message that they had two in stock. I had done a test drive in early Feb right before I put in an order for the MYLR (later changed to a MYP, delivered already). No idea which model or if they intend to do a fat ADM. For me, the ME felt too much like a first release product.

I do have an R1S reservation at the pre March pricing and I hope to have a test drive by the time they get to my place deep in the line. But I'd also have to expand my 88" wide garage door to accommodate it. But the price is good, esp if the rebate is still available.

Second car is a Honda HR-V. Don’t drive it much (even less since getting the MY) ….. but like having a backup car around. None of the other EVs swirling around in the news have caught my attention much. The Tesla interior has sort of ruined me on old-school, button and knob centric, interiors. So one day when we’re ready to replace it ….. maybe 2-5 yrs ….. a base Model 3 …… unless there is something new and interesting then. My hunch is ……. It will be an M3.
Same here. We have a 16-year-old Lexus ES 330 that sits in the garage now as a backup car for the 5% of situations when wife and I need to go somewhere separately. It still serves us well and we put gas in it once every three months or so. No need for an additional or replacement EV at this time. When we do need another car, it will be interesting what's available.

Tesla will have to pizz me off royally to make me return to a legacy car manufacturer and their incompetent thieving dealerships
Yeah, and I'm also not so sure that the service from, say, BMW on an electric car will be the same as it is on the ICE vehicles.

From what I've seen with Ford, their service department has no clue about the Mach E... someone brought in their Mach E because the phone as a key didn't work Service manager's response was.... "I'm a mechanic, not a programmer"...

As these cars become more and more technical, the standard mechanics are going to have less and less of an idea how to solve some of the issues.

Of course... I could be wrong.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Really? Guess I shouldn’t be surprised, the company sells $100,000 sedans with plastic radiators. #BringBackTheE38
For reals.

My heart says potentially the Lotus Eletre. I love the inside. Though practically I don't think it would be a good idea, as there's nowhere close by to get it serviced. My head says probably an Macan EV, or potentially something Audi. I'd love an EV version of the RS6 Avant.