TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's your opinion on a P85D phone case?

Discussion in 'Accessories and Audio - Sponsored' started by pete8314, Feb 7, 2015.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Hi All

I've been working on a P85D leather FobPocket (It's here, but I will not have stock until mid-March). Along the same design themes, we've created a phone case prototype; the pictures below are for an iPhone 6, although other sizes would be available. It's made using the same black distressed leather on the upcoming FobPocket, with a magnetic closure and a couple of slots for cards. Generally speaking it's meant to be a classy, discreet look.

My question is, would you buy it? Price is TBC, but would be around $30-35 depending on size. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the wallet-style cases, but they're popular, and the leather and finish will be worthy of the P85D.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Pete
    back view 400px.jpg inside view 400px.jpg top view closed 400px.jpg Top view_400px.jpg

2. PlanB

PlanB Banned

Like you Pete, I am not a fan of wallet style phone cases but that looks pretty good. Hope you sell a lot of them.

3. joer00

joer00 Member

awesome i have a similar one and would love to have the d one:)

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It's cool, but my phone lives in my shirt pocket. Other than that it looks great. They should sell well.

5. Kofi

Kofi Member

It's a nice treat for P85D owners. Good luck.

6. golfgypsy

golfgypsy Member

It looks great - but what about those of us without a P85D? How about a plain one or one that says TESLA? or How about a customized one with our own initials?

7. Bratwurst

Bratwurst Member

Love the wallet style cases. I would definitely purchase one of those if it available for a Note 4

8. TES-E

TES-E Member

Looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear to be designed with belt loops for wearing on your belt. I have phone cases that I wear all the time for my galaxy note 2. Because of work issues that is what works for me. I would love to have a Tesla version to use. Your expected price is about what I paid, so you are ok there. PM me if you want more information on what I have.

9. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Thanks all. Other Models variants might follow (I have an 'original' 85!). Customizing with initials would be difficult to do, just in terms of the logistics and my time, unfortunately. Will think on the belt loop, the design isn't locked in yet, but this is the 4th prototype, so I need to draw a line under it soon, but this is all good feedback - appreciate it!

10. Tampaukfan

Tampaukfan Member

Wallet style cases are horrible for phone calls my friend has the Louis Vuitton on his Iphone and you can barely hear him. He ended up returning the case..
    If you use a bluetooth headset or just dont make many calls then it will work for most people.
    Case is very good looking and appears to be of high quality.

11. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

I will never go anything but Incipio or Otter, I use my phone a zillion times a day as I keep work related reference and formulas on it, phone is also waterproof as is my Gear S.

I have 5-7 spare cases, when one cracks I clean the phone, replace the screen protector and put a new one on.

Now after i retire I may fancy something like this one.

12. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

I use a similar case and no longer carry a wallet. It needs a hole for the camera.

13. freds

freds Member

Hi Pete

I have your silicone fob pocket now and think that the leather would interfere with using the push buttons on the remote.

On silicone fob pocket, I wish it was actually waterproof since I immersed my fob when I went for water aerobics and the fob wasn't functional. Had to use the phone to get home. Luckily the fob recovered after being stuck in bowl of rice for a couple of days (might have some lingering damage, seems to go through batteries faster), so it might have kept most of the water out.

I have also been waiting forever to order the iPhone 6/6S Leather Case off of the Tesla web site that had the multiple pockets for a lady friend, but it has never been in stock and looks like it is now longer listed.