Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your rated range again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 AWD delivery Oct 2018. Other than the first week I got rated range > 490km, I have been seeing consistent 480km plus minus since the second week. I once checked with Tesla in winter; they said it's normal because of the environmental temperature. Now it's in summer, I charged up to 100% and got 483km this morning.

What's yours?

Mine now shows 525 km at 100%. 421 @ 80% which is what I usually charge to in the summer. 90% in the winter. This was an increase from the original with the 5% increase that Elon gave us. I think this was just a bit of slight of hand though, as the rated kW/km prior to the increase was 156 kW/km, and now it shows 150 kW/km. It will be interesting to see what my actual range is now that the temp is moving up to summer levels.

M3 LR RWD

Model 3 AWD delivery Oct 2018. Other than the first week I got rated range > 490km, I have been seeing consistent 480km plus minus since the second week. I once checked with Tesla in winter; they said it's normal because of the environmental temperature. Now it's in summer, I charged up to 100% and got 483km this morning.

What's yours?
Another Oct 2018 build long range awd, tried first time full charge yesterday and got 492 km. I was a little surprised as I thought maybe 503 area. I have about 7000 km on the car and always charge between 20% and 85%

New in June 2018:

416C4D06-6BFA-4220-9B86-FE578BB1A81D.jpeg

Now with 11,000 km:

7A7130E1-FF81-4EBC-B214-CE6AC98F7757.jpeg

Looks many of you can maintain 490+ rated range after a year ... how do I get Tesla convinced to they need to do some checkup for my awd?
Quick question are you using a Tesla charger or j1772? I only ask because I charged to 100% twice on j1772 (different locations) and the charging stopped short of 100%. Might have been the particular charge units but the current drops down past 96 or 97 and that triggered them to stop I think.

Also Tesla can probably look at the logs to see if there's anything obvious going on but I think the warranty level that is guaranteed is very low something like 70% capacity but since it's less than a year you might still be in luck.

Checked this morning dual motor 363km at 80% after battery calibration. One year old.
How did you do the battery recalibration?

Fyi, I'm also AWD LR (people aren't being clear when they have RWD LR which has a different rated range). I was typically ~442km for 90% charge. Now I'm more like 435km for 90%.

The 'recalibration' I've tried is the drain to <100km and fully charge to 100% method. I've done this twice and have not seen any change.

How did you do the battery recalibration?

Fyi, I'm also AWD LR (people aren't being clear when they have RWD LR which has a different rated range). I was typically ~442km for 90% charge. Now I'm more like 435km for 90%.

The 'recalibration' I've tried is the drain to <100km and fully charge to 100% method. I've done this twice and have not seen any change.

I've got an AWD LR Model 3. Just over a year old and I get about 430km at 90%. I've tried to recalibrate the BMS as well, but no luck. I figure I'm somewhere between 3% to 4% degradation after a year.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons