Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your reasoning behind your color choice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked the white and like it, but I've noticed that the rear bumper color is a little off. White is nice, but if I drive in the rain it will have dirt spots all over the back of the car very easily.

Red? Nah.
Blue? Drab, dull, too dark.
Regular silver? Boring.
Midnight silver? Okay but too dark for me.
Either Black? Ugly, shows every speck of dust and dirt and ding the car gets. Only buy a black car if you love washing it every single day!

Dodge and some other manufacturers have got some really good colors these days, Tesla refuses to use any of them. Greens, Blues, Grays, Oranges, Yellows, etc.

The colors Tesla uses makes me think their target customer is some 58 year old company president who will retire next year and go sit at his country club and play golf until he dies.

• Funny
Reactions: Hank42
I wanted red because I never had a red car and the Model 3 looks awesome in red. OTOH, I was seriously afraid it would be a "cop magnet" so I went with the metallic blue. The good/bad thing with blue is that the popular mods most people do to the model 3 make it look worse. Blacking out or carbon fiber wrapping the chrome and door handles, red calipers, etc. don't contrast well with the blue body, IMHO. Silver and chrome are the most complimentary colors for the blue paint, which is how the car comes stock. The only "upgrade" is the 19" wheels, which look great as-is.

I went in wanting blue. I’d always wished I’d been able to get my last Audi in Sepang Blue because I thought it was gorgeous (but that would’ve meant a custom order, and I bought my RS5 slightly used so didn’t have that option).

Yesterday after reading here and looking at lots of photos of the red (which is also what I test drove), I almost changed to red in order to get a car that was in stock. But I hesitated and it was gone.

Today I got a text that a blue P3D+ with white interior was available. I had been planning to do black inside, but after looking up some pictures I decided the blue and white combo looks really great. I think it means I won’t want to do a chrome delete or powder coat wheels, because the photos I saw of the same config looked so good as-is.

Supposed to take delivery on Friday. Fingers crossed!

Got the Midnight silver for my wife, she loves that color. The color 'almost' goes with the Aero wheel caps and it's easy maintenance too. The black interior (got the premium package) looks perfect with the outside color of the car. In future, might do chrome delete in near future.

Blue is my fav color, but I'm more of a midnight blue rather than light blue kind of guy. So Tesla's Deep Blue Metallic is perfect for me. This color changes depending on lighting. When it's dark or at night, it shows a dark blue color, giving off that business/power player vibe. Suitable for any evening occasions. During the day under the sunlight, it shines, giving it a more sporty, "look at me" feel.

Not sure if people have noticed, but Tesla designers have put beautiful curves in all their cars. I find that with something like white, you can't see the curves very well. But with deep blue metallic, you can see every curve on the car. The light reflects off the curves and it just shines beautifully. Makes you really appreciate the fine touches they put into the car.

My only regret is not waiting long enough for AWD to come out (I ordered mine in June). Because I would've gone with the white interior for Blue/White contrast, along with white rims on the 19" wheels. I think Blue/White contrast gives off more of the sporty vibe. But I'm very happy with the Blue/Black look, it's more business/power player vibe which is good as well.

Black because at the time I ordered, blue was $1500 and so dark as to be just as difficult to keep clean as black and red which I entertained was even more stupidly expensive at $2000. Would’ve chosen white interior if offered at even trade in price and on my preferred RWD.

I’m very pleased with my black on black with 19-inch wheels... I just got out and organized my Zaino products for a thorough cleaning next weekend. Will post pictures when done.

I absolutely love the Midnight Silver. My friend with a straight black car has washed his a few times.
Looks great after a wash or at night. But during the day his car always looks a mess 2 days after he washed it.

I've had mine almost 2 weeks, 600 miles, it's rained every other day since I got it and it is filthy, but you'd never know it.
It still looks great day or night. But I guess I will have to wash it one of these days.