Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your SC cross-over point? Mine is 58

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Everyone knows charge rate drops at superchargers as the battery takes on higher state of charge, right?

Well, I noticed that I have a pretty consistent cross-over point of 58. This is the number where charge rate equals state of charge. So I see 58 kW charging at 58% charge.

This also happens to be the point when time remaining to charge (to a set point of 90%) drops from 40 to 30 minutes, as seen in the two shots below taken seconds apart.

IMG_20171116_082319.jpg
IMG_20171116_082401.jpg

...and the significance of this is ... ? what exactly ? Nothing as far as I know.

It's just a novelty and something to do while sitting at a SC ... when the mind is idle it still finds patterns. See if you can catch your cross-over.

My battery is an 85 circa 2014.

Post your results just for fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Everyone knows charge rate drops at superchargers as the battery takes on higher state of charge, right?

Well, I noticed that I have a pretty consistent cross-over point of 58. This is the number where charge rate equals state of charge. So I see 58 kW charging at 58% charge.

This also happens to be the point when time remaining to charge (to a set point of 90%) drops from 40 to 30 minutes, as seen in the two shots below taken seconds apart.

View attachment 260702 View attachment 260703

...and the significance of this is ... ? what exactly ? Nothing as far as I know.

It's just a novelty and something to do while sitting at a SC ... when the mind is idle it still finds patterns. See if you can catch your cross-over.

My battery is an 85 circa 2014.

Post your results just for fun.
General rule: ~125 - current SOC = kW charge rate. Your observation is pretty consistent with that.