Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's Your Score?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20211115-063904.png

Reactions: TwelveVoltMan
Tesla should allow everyone to have access to their safety score, not just FSD purchasers. I'd like to know how I'm doing and it could influence my decision to purchase FSD.
Full Self Driving (the actual product that you purchase) won't require a safety score threshold. The scoring is for access to the beta.

If you're thinking about trying to purchase (!) access to beta software, my recommendation is don't. It's not ready yet (more or less by definition), you'll be disappointed. The beta is for people who are nuts about this stuff, pre-purchased it already, and are dying to try it for the enjoyment of watching it work (or... not work).

I don't have FSD, but do have Tesla Insurance. I'm certain the scoring is exactly the same. This is from 10/22 (when I opened my policy) to today, 11/17. You'll get dinged for hard braking by just letting off the accelerator and letting only regen brake for you, completely unrealistic. You need to really gradually come to a stop to not get dinged. Unsafe following is a complete joke. I drive maximum 7-8 car lengths behind cars at all times and still somehow get dinged sometimes.

IMG_1227 copy.jpg

After too many erroneous forward collision warnings, and being constantly dinged for aggressive turning when going around traffic circles, I threw in the towel and opted out of beta consideration.

It's so nice to actually enjoy driving my car again.
Very true, trying to maintain a high score completely takes the fun out of driving. Some of these measurables are unavoidable with normal driving and not worth the hassle.

• Disagree
Reactions: LBM4
Tomorrow, I hit a week of a 99+ score after resetting. If I don't get the beta then, I'll opt out again. If I'm not on FSD most of the time, there's no way to keep my score this high. Someone cuts you off, ding. Need to merge when traffic is tight, ding. Forward collision detection goes off when the wind blows the leaves into a cloud, ding. Not fun.

I got the Beta on Friday, November 12 with a safety score of 99. That was less than a week after requesting the Beta and lots of cautious driving in chill mode. I probably did not drive more than 75 miles before I was able to download. I think I'm a safer driver in sport mode and driving in ways that really ding your safety score than what the Beta has been doing. I think it is trying to kill me. :oops: Not impressed.

@coleman567 I had a very good score until this driver cut me off when doing a left turn.

I had to slam on my brakes and now I have a bad score similar to the one you have.

I wonder if I could contact Tesla to get my driving score back?

View attachment 733898
That's why when crap like this happens, when I get home I do the scroll wheel reset, and wait for it to reboot before I park... That erases the current drive.... Sometimes when I get tired of driving on eggshells, I'll drive like normal, and do the reset when I get to my destination...

After too many erroneous forward collision warnings, and being constantly dinged for aggressive turning when going around traffic circles, I threw in the towel and opted out of beta consideration.

It's so nice to actually enjoy driving my car again.
The FSD that I have is basically usless for city driving.

When I use FSD in city driving, I often need to disengage it, but I get a bad score doing so.

I think the 'bad' score should be applied to FSD not to me?

The scoring is a joke!!! While driving carefully, you get penalised because of some agressive drivers cutting you off.

Using the Sentry video recording, you should be able to report to Tesla why you get those 'Forward Colision Warning' or 'Hard Braking' penalty scores.

"Safe driving" is more than just the driver, but the roads and other drivers on them. If you live in a high congestion area, with lots of "hits" caused by others, than arguably you are a higher risk and warrant a lower score, vs a driver who lives in an area with less congestion and polite drivers.

Beta is most likely not meant for high quantities of FSD drivers in risky environments. Interest in the potentially lucrative venture would vanish with too many accidents caused by others hitting FSD Beta cars.

And we know the media salivates over any negative Tesla incidents.