TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What's your take on carbon fiber interior trim?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by omega731, Apr 3, 2016.

1. omega731

omega731 Member

I haven't seen anyone mention carbon fiber, it's either Figured Ash, or Dark Ash. Has anyone had any experience with carbon fiber in the Model X or the S? I thought it would look great with the Midnight Silver, black seats with black headliner, and doing matte Xpel on the seat backs.
    My second choice would be Figured Ash, with matte seat backs, followed by Dark Ash, and glossy Xpel. We have 6 days left before changes require $500. What say you all?
    Thank you for your responses in advance.

2. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

I have the carbon fiber and I think it looks fantastic. It's a matte surface and goes really well with the other surfaces in the car.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  3. Czechmate

Czechmate Member

I went with the carbon fiber only because I thought it would be less likely to have issues. Issues being delamination of veneering, warping, clear coat bubbling etc...... These may not be an issue but I figured the carbon is most likely baked together in a kiln so hopefully more stable.

• Like x 1
  4. Nosken

Nosken Member

To me, carbon fiber is a bit dated. Since my S is all black interior, and mostly non gloss, I love the matte Obeche Wood.

5. longwait

longwait Member

The carbon fiber trim looks fantastic IMHO but then I'm also not a fan of wood trim in general. You described my config exactly. Minus the matte xpel seat backs which is due to be installed this Thursday.

I couldn't be happier with all of the above. And also with the 22 inch black onyx wheels.

• Like x 1
  6. suresv

suresv Member

I have the carbon fiber in my X - my opinion - with the ultra white seats, it really gives the car interior a high tech feel. I couldn't be happier.

• Like x 1
  7. Kalud

Kalud Member

Love my carbon fiber trim, I would personally order that again.

• Like x 1
  8. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

Carbon fiber with black on black here and I've got nothing but compliments. But then again, everyone is so jelly of the X. What's not to like right?

• Like x 1
  9. omega731

omega731 Member

Thank you for your feedback...I am getting the Onyx wheels as well. You all have been great, I just can't wait to get the darn thing. We were thinking that we might get in time for our annual trip to Legoland (June 25th), wishful thinking, I know. I have 3 boys under 10 and they are all LegoManiacs.

• Like x 1
  10. omega731

omega731 Member

I wanted to post this in the Exterior / Interior section, but couldn't figure out how to do it.