Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after reading another thread on this

* Ability to disable cabin heat for climate control

It apparently works the same on S, 3, X but the thread below is the most recent one I've seen.

How to stop the car from heating the cabin?

If it's generating heat to heat the battery I'm ok with waste heat from that coming out the vents in the winter, but if it's warmer outside the car than it is inside the car I want the heat to not be triggered no matter how I set the climate controls.

I didn't experience my cabin heating last week when it was -26F. Same temp all day inside the cabin.

After 9 months of amazingly continuous SW improvements (12 updates / 13 sw versions over the time we've had the car!), here are the three remaining that I'd most like to see:

Scheduled wake, this would allow me to wake the car at a set time and, if plugged-in, turn on the climate controls. This way, the car will be warmed and easy to unplug when it's time to go to work. Hate that I can't push the button on the wand to release the plug in the morning because the car is hibernating. It's fine if I remember to open the app and turn on the heater, but I go to work at the same time every morning...this is solvable. Part of me is suspecting that this is already possible somehow, I've missed it, and I will be told so shortly.

Once activated by R, keep the reverse cam on until I'm going 3mph or so in D. Sometimes you need to return to D to park, but then the camera cuts off and you can't see your rearward reference point. If you really are intending to drive off somewhere after R then D, you will quickly hit 3mph within a second and get your map back. Seems like a reasonable trade-off. Probably can't have nice things because, lawyers.

True one pedal mode option. The car is clearly capable of bringing itself to a complete stop by transitioning from regen to brake when EAP is engaged. I would like the same behavior when EAP not engaged where upon fully removing your foot from the accelerator pedal the car would follow the same smooth deceleration curve to 0 [and then engage (H)] that it currently is on down to the 5mph regen cutoff (could be a little tricky to work out the expected behavior on downhill roads - not sure how other car makers have dealt with this). It's really difficult now to judge the 5mph-to-full-stop coasting distance as-is, and it really only can work on flat terrain where you would not roll back without hold auto-engaging.

Have Driver Profiles also store additional settings, like Creep. My wife likes creep, but we keep forgetting to turn it on when she hits her driver profile.

Also have the driver profile store performance settings, i.e. Chill/Normal or Chill/Performance.

That way you can have a John-Chill profile and a separate John-Performance Profile so you don't have to go into multiple sub-menus if you quickly want to switch to performance while on the road.

I'm pretty sure that creep is already stored in the driver profiles.

As are chill and steering settings. I have a Brian-Chill profile in mine right now!

Lot's of great input on this thread - I wish (or one could hope) that all these suggestions could make their way to Tesla's development team or Elon. It's not too much to read and lots of well thought out quality posts.

I will say that I think they need to put more features into the phone app and also more fine-tuned control on various aspects of the vehicle and certain controls that already exist. For example, you should be able to set lengths of time for various things, ranging from charging to pre-conditioning. Or be able to enter whole numbers for charge amount instead of mucking around with the buggy slider control. And keep continuity between the app and in-car controls so you have equal utility with both.

My biggest personal request is that Insane or Ludicrous mode or some kind of performance boost would be an optional paid OTA (or service if necessary - like they did with past S models that needed the inconel upgrade) for us Model 3 owners.

Radar Detector integration

Track Mode Guages: display all temperatures, pressures, RPMs, G sensors, yaw control, torque vectoring, and power output. Maximum data.

Secure Garage Mode: Car and charge port remain unlocked while parked in a secure garage.

Ability to select any camera and display it on the screen at any time. Tapping the camera button should cause a camera selection card to pop up.

Reactions: NeverFollow
After 9 months of amazingly continuous SW improvements (12 updates / 13 sw versions over the time we've had the car!), here are the three remaining that I'd most like to see:

Scheduled wake, this would allow me to wake the car at a set time and, if plugged-in, turn on the climate controls. This way, the car will be warmed and easy to unplug when it's time to go to work. Hate that I can't push the button on the wand to release the plug in the morning because the car is hibernating. It's fine if I remember to open the app and turn on the heater, but I go to work at the same time every morning...this is solvable. Part of me is suspecting that this is already possible somehow, I've missed it, and I will be told so shortly.

Once activated by R, keep the reverse cam on until I'm going 3mph or so in D. Sometimes you need to return to D to park, but then the camera cuts off and you can't see your rearward reference point. If you really are intending to drive off somewhere after R then D, you will quickly hit 3mph within a second and get your map back. Seems like a reasonable trade-off. Probably can't have nice things because, lawyers.

True one pedal mode option. The car is clearly capable of bringing itself to a complete stop by transitioning from regen to brake when EAP is engaged. I would like the same behavior when EAP not engaged where upon fully removing your foot from the accelerator pedal the car would follow the same smooth deceleration curve to 0 [and then engage (H)] that it currently is on down to the 5mph regen cutoff (could be a little tricky to work out the expected behavior on downhill roads - not sure how other car makers have dealt with this). It's really difficult now to judge the 5mph-to-full-stop coasting distance as-is, and it really only can work on flat terrain where you would not roll back without hold auto-engaging.
You can do scheduled wake using a 3rd party app like TeslaFi -- it also allows geo fencing and knows whether the car is plugged in to give you more control. I would like to see this implemented by Tesla in the car's UI and app, though.

Audible blind spot warning when changing lanes is an astonishing lack for safety especially if compared to not just similar segment cars but even less expensive ones
Voice commands seem to me lacking (unless I am doing it badly) but it cant "set temperature to 68", "Turn off fan" "Read back my text messages"
Better integration with certain apps like Audible, Waze, Spotify etc
Possibility to unplug without having to unloock back door...

Reactions: fseir and jsmay311
I have to back into my garage, at night this causes me to shine my lights at my neighbors house and must be insanely bright for them. I turn on my parking lights to do the reversing, but once in the garage and setting the car to Park it blasts the full lights again. I would LOVE for it to default to my selection of parking lights only rather than overriding the setting.

Also the USB music kind of stinks. It has to refresh every single time I get in the car which takes over a full minute for larger sized sticks. It also completely deletes my "favorites" all the time. Sometimes it will retain them for a few days, other times it removes everything except one song... it's a huge pain to go through all the songs and starring the ones I like to only have them completely vanish.