Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower Bluetooth music level (what's playing from my phone) when navigation instructions come on.

The Model 3 currently does this, just that the music volume has to be at a high enough level to trigger it. Turn your music volume way up and it will work. You can also adjust the navigation voice volume by either tapping on the volume icon at the top of the navigation directions or change the volume on the steering wheel controls while voice navigation prompts are being spoken.

-XM Satellite radio
-GPS navigation ability to set custom "favorite locations"

This is also already in the Model 3, although it took me a while to find it. When you search for an address you'll see a heart icon on the search results. Click on that heart icon form the address you want and it will be added to the navigation favorites list.

Reactions: dhrivnak
- Be able to turn off annoying backseat seat belt warnings (I have kids and sometimes they use the middle seat buckle when sitting on the right side).

This is never going to happen. I sent Tesla a message the other day about a way to temporarily disable these rear seatbelt alerts (like when I've got cargo in the back seat for example). Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email. As it turns out there is no way to 'disable' the alert for safety reasons. If you are putting cargo in the back seat you can try buckling the seat belt behind or in front of the cargo. If you have any other questions you can give us a call at 877-798-3752.
As others have mentioned for your specific case the easiest option would be to have the middle seatbelt already buckled so that your kids don't accidentally use it.

-Would also like to add some sort of lane switching alerts if a car is detected in the next lane and your blinker is on to go that way.
-Turn on rear camera when blinker is on. Doesn’t have to take up the full screen either.
-To be able to mirror phone screen (when parked of course)
-Auto fold mirrors using GPS location (e.g. when pulling into garage)
-Ability to customize quick controls screen
-Ability to download maps offline. Some people live in areas where cell service is horrible.
-Waze integration

I'd like the trip information moved to a different area of the screen. A bit annoying I have to swipe right twice on the bottom left to see it, which I do regularly. It could probably be squeezed into the upper left or right corner.

Added controls for the scroll wheels, give drivers access to other controls without using the touch screen

These all were already on my list....Specifically, recently actually seeing the absolute convenience offered by Tesla by adding the TACC settings to the right scroll wheel really highlights the value of effectively using the scroll wheel while driving (huge! ). So, I would like to make the right scroll wheel button single click change from vouce command* instead to bring up a list of "modes" to put the right scroll wheel into so it isn't always locked to TACC. Make it so that once I click it a menu pops up on the screen and I can scroll to pick a new mode, like quick screen selection, or additional audio commands (like expand the audio menu), wipers, etc. Basically if you could change the right scroll wheel "on the fly" to do other things we could get even more use out of it. I'm OK with it defaulting back to TACC after xx seconds.

Also on my list:
  • Option to brake from <5 MPH. I love how TACC stops for me. Why can't that be a check box option for braking to just apply the brakes a little bit once regen is too low? It would be genuine 1 pedal driving.
  • Flashing brake lights if hard press
  • Charger schedule option to start only when necessary to hit set point by selected time (ie if I choose this option and pick 8am departure, the car doesn't start to charge until say 4am, depending on beginning SOC)
  • Geolocation setting for parking sensors audio. I don't want it hear it parking in my garage, but I do everywhere else
  • De aero'd icon
  • Better media organization
*Voice command could be a long click or double click

Reactions: RBowen
Software Update Request (not have to wait until your number is up)
Waypoints
Passenger Seat Memory
‘Leaving at’ timer for charging
Fluid level check
Audio from smartphone USB cable, not via Bluetooth
‘Favourites’ tab or bottom half of screen (or side of screen in a 3)

Reactions: RBowen
- I have a Tesla wall charger at home and I dislike having to unlock the car first before being able remove charging cable. I should be able to remove the cable by simply pressing the release button on the charger. It would be nice to have that option added to the charge screen.

I believe that may have been fixed with the new update. I just wish someone else would verify this.

Some sort of advanced options screen where I can see and set the Revs Per Mile the speedometer is using without visiting a service center if I want to swap my own tires and as a reminder for when I'm shopping for tires.

Toss the PSI on the same screen (I know PSI is displayed elsewhere, keep it where it is and add it to my advanced screen)

I don't know if there are sensors enough to tell me any of this but if there are toss camber/toe/caster and give me the option to set my desired warning parameters so the car can tell me when to go get an alignment at a time I'd agree with.

If my car becomes self driving I'd want it to be able to warn me when it needs an alignment via text message or email. Include the PSI, Tire Size, rated RPM in the same notification to put it all in one place when I end up going to a tire shop to get that taken care of.

Presumably the same advance screen and notifications could detail Air Suspension status and expected current ground clearance (coil or air suspension, which I could then compare manually to see if it agrees with reality).

Some sort of advanced options screen where I can see and set the Revs Per Mile the speedometer is using without visiting a service center if I want to swap my own tires and as a reminder for when I'm shopping for tires.

We have been told in the past that the speedometer automatically calibrates based on GPS. (On the S&X when you put wheels with different TPMS sensors on your car it asks the size of the tires.)

I believe that may have been fixed with the new update. I just wish someone else would verify this.

Nope, I tried this morning. My Model 3 (running 2018.18.3) was plugged into the wall connector in my garage. Tried removing it by pressing the button on the handle while the car was still locked, did absolutely nothing. I ended up opening the trunk with the button on the back to unlock the car and then removed the cable.

Nope, I tried this morning. My Model 3 (running 2018.18.3) was plugged into the wall connector in my garage. Tried removing it by pressing the button on the handle while the car was still locked, did absolutely nothing. I ended up opening the trunk with the button on the back to unlock the car and then removed the cable.
Wow sdkoala said it worked and I tried again an hour ago. Just frustrating.