Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After one week ownership a couple of things that seem software doable and that I miss from other cars I've owned.
  • cross traffic monitoring when backing up, like in so many other cars.
  • blind spot audible alert or an alert higher on the screen so you don't have to look down at the monitor when you should be looking at the side mirrors.
  • Nav way points.

• Standard AP not to disengage when using turn signals to change lanes
  • Option not to auto lock at home
  • Expand Voice Control
  • Speed sensitive audio volume + active noise reduction
  • Wiper button on stalk to cycle through various wiper settings: 1x quick wipe; 2x - slow, 3x - med, etc..
  • Blind Spot Monitor System that works
  • Volume control for AP / Safety Systems (can the steering wheel vibrate?)
  • Visualizations improvement (dancing cars)​

Reactions: idealdreams
Am I being too flippant or beating a dead horse by wishing for the following?

• Rear camera activating instantly when I put it in reverse instead of displaying black for a few seconds. This has gotten better over time but still not totally fixed.
  • Cars not "dancing" on AP visualization

Reactions: zhu- and Lobstahz
  • Standard AP not to disengage when using turn signals to change lanes
  • Option not to auto lock at home
  • Expand Voice Control
  • Speed sensitive audio volume + active noise reduction
  • Wiper button on stalk to cycle through various wiper settings: 1x quick wipe; 2x - slow, 3x - med, etc..
  • Blind Spot Monitor System that works
  • Volume control for AP / Safety Systems (can the steering wheel vibrate?)
  • Visualizations improvement (dancing cars)​

I would love the first one but doubt it will ever come. It seems like such a fundamental function to preserve the ingenuity of AutoPilot when using as having to re-engage after changing lanes is so disruptive to the experience, but I’m doubtful Tesla will ever bring it back out of the FSD...since, you know, they have to make people feel like their $6,000 bought them more than just a promise that FSD is “coming.”

I would love the first one but doubt it will ever come. It seems like such a fundamental function to preserve the ingenuity of AutoPilot when using as having to re-engage after changing lanes is so disruptive to the experience, but I’m doubtful Tesla will ever bring it back out of the FSD...since, you know, they have to make people feel like their $6,000 bought them more than just a promise that FSD is “coming.”

They should change the name of Auto Pilot to 'Crippled LKAS with TACC'. I don't need Auto Lane change, NOA, Auto Park and Summon. I just want it to stay engaged while I change lanes with use of signals, just like every other LKAS systems on the market.

They should change the name of Auto Pilot to 'Crippled LKAS with TACC'. I don't need Auto Lane change, NOA, Auto Park and Summon. I just want it to stay engaged while I change lanes with use of signals, just like every other LKAS systems on the market.

I’m in total agreement with you. It’s like giving you a car with no tires, a meal with no utensils, the list goes on. Why move something so obviously necessary at the basic AutoPilot level to the FSD tier? I can see keeping Summon and automatic parking and NOA in that package, since those are actually “self driving” tools and it makes sense. But to have to disable and enable AutoPilot nonstop on the freeway is super intrusive to the experience and defeats some of the purpose in my opinion.

Reactions: TJ73
But to have to disable and enable AutoPilot nonstop on the freeway is super intrusive to the experience and defeats some of the purpose in my opinion.

That is why they cut the price in half, and then included for free, when they went from EAP to AP. (And then moved that cost into the FSD bucket.)

They wanted to give everyone a basic feel/idea of what the features were, but to give you good reason to upgrade to the FSD package.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I’d like the windows to roll themselves up as the doors lock when you walk away. Seems easy to program (says me, who has zero experience programming more than a microwave clock). I’d just like to roll up to where I’m going and walk away from the car and let it do all the work to secure itself.

Reactions: Kognos
My wishlist includes something I call PerfectStop. When engaged, without TACC, at any speed, the feature will bring the car to a full stop exactly where it needs to stop while maximizing regen braking. We all do it: disengage TACC at the precise moment necessary for regen alone to brake to stopping speed when and where we want to stop. It’s sweet when we nail it, isn’t it? And wouldn’t it be great if the car could figure out how to do that for us at every stop? Ok, so it needs to learn how to recognize when to stop first; but then . . .

"hot outside" window control both in car and and in app. I want to preset all 4 windows to a small opening so that when I park, I can press a button or later tell the app to crack the windows open and also to open all the way. My old Ford C-MAX can lower all four windows by fob. It was nice to do this on approach in parking lot so at least some of the hot air inside escapes by the time I get to the car.

Reactions: pipestem