Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your total average wh/mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you have an X (IIRC), so you'd expect higher numbers than the S numbers being posted upthread (albeit the one you replied to was another X - but in the USA where typical speeds are likely different).

Yes of course I was comparing X vs X. Whenever I've seen threads like this, the range of consumption reported by owners always seems to be very wide for any particular model. This guy is averaging a whole 100 Wh/mile less than me in the same vehicle, which just goes to show how your personal situation influences consumption.

I may well be at the top of the consumption chart, but I don't drive overly aggressively. I think it's mainly the short fast journeys and lack of traffic. For example I drove to central London the other day (150 mile round trip) and averaged about 330 Wh/mile. I sat in more traffic on that one journey than I typically would in a whole year of local rural driving!

So really any consumption numbers quoted (even averages over a long period of time) need to be put in context with weather, speeds and journey types to have any real value.

My whole-month average is significantly more than my individual-trip (both figures posted up-thread), so I'm not sure that a whole-of-life figure has much value, absent other info.

A travelling salesman, parked for an hour or so at each stop, would have a huge energy penalty in cold Winter weather (warming everything back up for each journey)

I don't particularly care about energy usage if my day is less than my range ... and when I go on an exceed-range trip I have one initial "warm the car up" event, often that is done whilst still connected to Shore-Power, so averaged over the trip its effect is hardly relevant, and thus the trip wH/mile is commensurately lower than the monthly average

I don't particularly care about energy usage if my day is less than my range ... and when I go on an exceed-range trip I have one initial "warm the car up" event, often that is done whilst still connected to Shore-Power, so averaged over the trip its effect is hardly relevant, and thus the trip wH/mile is commensurately lower than the monthly average

I'm the same. My local driving generates way higher average consumption figures than a long trip where range actually matters to me. I can easily hit 450+ Wh/mile in my X on a short local trip (even in summer) and yet achieve below 350 Wh/mile average on a long motorway trip. I'm certainly glad it works that way round!