Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel alignment (lowering question)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been on the fence about getting lowering links installed on my MX P90D, but my major concern (other than potential air suspension issues) is having enough latitude in the wheel alignment range to be able to accommodate a lowered stance. If anyone has lowered their MX and/or has first-hand knowledge of the MX alignment range capabilities, I'd be most appreciative.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
I've been on the fence about getting lowering links installed on my MX P90D, but my major concern (other than potential air suspension issues) is having enough latitude in the wheel alignment range to be able to accommodate a lowered stance. If anyone has lowered their MX and/or has first-hand knowledge of the MX alignment range capabilities, I'd be most appreciative.
Go to controls. .suspension. .you can set your Tesla from Very high to very low. .it's remembered on your GPS location and automatically goes to that settings. There is a speed limit that you can set it to go low which you can use it for highways.
I use high when I go to malls to avoid the curb during parking & speedbumps.

Go to controls. .suspension. .you can set your Tesla from Very high to very low. .it's remembered on your GPS location and automatically goes to that settings. There is a speed limit that you can set it to go low which you can use it for highways.
I use high when I go to malls to avoid the curb during parking & speedbumps.
Note: Only High and Very High height settings are remembered at a particular GPS location. Right now, you can't have the Model-X remember low or very low at a GPS location (which is a shame). I'd like to set my Model-X to go into low everytime I park it in my garage so that the FWD will clear the garage door motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
I should have been more clear...I am aware of (and use) the adjustable air suspension currently. What is like though is to have an even lower setting than the OEM 'very low'. I can buy lowering links to accomplish this, but want to understand how much alignment room/tolerance is available first.

Thanks for the replies.

I should have been more clear...I am aware of (and use) the adjustable air suspension currently. What is like though is to have an even lower setting than the OEM 'very low'. I can buy lowering links to accomplish this, but want to understand how much alignment room/tolerance is available first. Thanks for the replies.

There are some posts on TMC about unequal tire wear when constantly run on Very Low settings...I don't have personal experience with that, just quoting.