Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wheel alignment on model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on installing the Unplugged Performance suspension upgrade on my Y. As a retired auto instructor I have access to state of the art Hunter alignment equipment. I noticed that when I put car in neutral it will shift to park when door is opened. Since I need car in neutral during alignment can I override that or will someone have to sit in car during alignment I suppose I could crawl out back hatch.

I noticed that when I put car in neutral it will shift to park when door is opened. Since I need car in neutral during alignment can I override it ?
1. Enter from the passenger side, and stay seating on the passenger seat.
2. Buckle the driver seat belt.
3. With one hand, press on the break pedal, and with the other hand, move to Neutral.
4. Note: The rear light will turn on, you car turn them off by selecting turning off the lights, but the front day light will still stay on.
5. Exit from the passenger side, the car should stay in Neutral, and you can check it by pushing the car with one hand.

You could also just go to Towing Mode, but after 20 minutes, the car will go to Park.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I plan on installing the Unplugged Performance suspension upgrade on my Y. As a retired auto instructor I have access to state of the art Hunter alignment equipment. I noticed that when I put car in neutral it will shift to park when door is opened. Since I need car in neutral during alignment can I override that or will someone have to sit in car during alignment I suppose I could crawl out back hatch.
In the hunter instructions I have seen it talks about using a screwdriver to activate the door latch while door is open, be careful as this will raise the window and you do not want to shut the door you will scratch the trim or worse damage glass if you shut the door hard.

It's in the instructions in the hunter machine.