TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wheel alignment on the X

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by jordanthompson, Jun 20, 2020.

1. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2018 P100D Model X

Is this a thing? Is it covered by the warranty?

Thank you in advance!

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

No. Wheel alignment has always been self-pay and not covered by warranty.

3. jordanthompson

But can you align the wheels? I know on my Roadster that you cannot

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

5. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

It depends. I have had my X aligned three times, all in warranty (or no extra charge). First was shortly after delivery when I complained about poor alignment. I have had the shudder problem fixed twice, both warranty. Replacing the half shafts requires an alignment be done. Other alignments, such as with tire replacements or separately, it is probably on you.

6. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Do you have aftermarket wheels on it?

Yes, you can align the wheels on a Model X. No, Tesla will not align the wheels on your Model X if those wheels are not made by Tesla. Doesn't matter if they're the same size and offset. They made me drive back and swap wheels before performing the alignment.

7. jordanthompson

This is now OBE... I have the stock 22 inch wheels and original tires.
    I just bought the unlimited alignment from Tires Plus for $105 out the door in Florida.

FWIW, Tires Plus did a great job of social distancing and were very efficient. Can't really speak to the alignment as the only effect I had before was uneven treadwear (hopefully it won't get worse)

8. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I meant on the Roadster. What's OBE?

9. jordanthompson

Overcome by events