Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel alignment on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a thing? Is it covered by the warranty?
Thank you in advance!

It depends. I have had my X aligned three times, all in warranty (or no extra charge). First was shortly after delivery when I complained about poor alignment. I have had the shudder problem fixed twice, both warranty. Replacing the half shafts requires an alignment be done. Other alignments, such as with tire replacements or separately, it is probably on you.

But can you align the wheels? I know on my Roadster that you cannot

Do you have aftermarket wheels on it?

Yes, you can align the wheels on a Model X. No, Tesla will not align the wheels on your Model X if those wheels are not made by Tesla. Doesn't matter if they're the same size and offset. They made me drive back and swap wheels before performing the alignment.

Do you have aftermarket wheels on it?

Yes, you can align the wheels on a Model X. No, Tesla will not align the wheels on your Model X if those wheels are not made by Tesla. Doesn't matter if they're the same size and offset. They made me drive back and swap wheels before performing the alignment.

This is now OBE... I have the stock 22 inch wheels and original tires.
I just bought the unlimited alignment from Tires Plus for $105 out the door in Florida.

FWIW, Tires Plus did a great job of social distancing and were very efficient. Can't really speak to the alignment as the only effect I had before was uneven treadwear (hopefully it won't get worse)

This is now OBE... I have the stock 22 inch wheels and original tires.
I just bought the unlimited alignment from Tires Plus for $105 out the door in Florida.

FWIW, Tires Plus did a great job of social distancing and were very efficient. Can't really speak to the alignment as the only effect I had before was uneven treadwear (hopefully it won't get worse)

I meant on the Roadster. What's OBE?