Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a good look at the rear suspension when I had to deal with a screw in the tire of my 3 day old MY. To my surprise, no possible adjustments that I could see.
20200628_174524.jpg

20200628_174521.jpg
20200628_174512.jpg
20200628_174508.jpg
20200628_174503.jpg

Reactions: bruce4000
Thanks so much. I was thinking the Model Y and Model 3 might be different in the rear do to the huge casting for everything in the Y. I have a 3 parts manual and can see the eccentric bushings for the rear in it. And, strangely enough, I got a bolt through one of my rear tires on my 3rd day of ownership. That's when I learned about the foam inside the tires used on the 19 inch wheels.

Just checked my car for total toe and camber. Has 749 miles
Both the front and rear have a total toe of -0.3 degrees
Camber
Driver front -0.30 degrees
Driver rear -0..25 degrees
Passenger front -0.25 degrees
Passenger rear -0.42 degrees

Seeing as only adjustment is toe---I'm pretty happy with factory alignment.

I'm taking my Model Y with 700 miles on it to the shop today to get the alignment checked - it's pulling to the left. I was able to find these specs:

2020 Tesla Model Y
Coil Spring Suspension (unloaded)
Primary Wheel Alignment Specifications
Left Side FRONT Right Side
7.7° ± 1.00° CASTER 7.7° ± 1.00°
Cross Caster: 0.00° ± 1.00°
0.7° ± 0.45° CAMBER 0.7° ± 0.45°
Cross Camber: 0.00° ± 0.60°
TOTAL TOE
0.06° ± 0.30°
0.03" ± 0.15"

Left Side REAR Right Side
-1.55° ± 1.00° CAMBER -1.55° ± 1.00°
TOTAL TOE
w.gif

0.34° ± 0.30°
0.17" ± 0.15"
Thrust Angle: 0.00º ( ± tol. not specified)

There seems to a great deal of knowledge here on this, so I have a question. I collected my Y Friday and I am very happy with it. However, at 60 mph, through 75 mph, I get a vibration through the car and steering wheel. Would this possibly be a balance issue, Track, something else?
I am going to arrange a Service inspection. Thank you in advance, other than that, the delivery went well and I never really saw any issues with car.!!

Whoah! Tesla Service Center quoted me $314 for an alignment job. This should be in the $100 range, shouldn’t it? Does anybody have experience with them estimating “high” but charging less?
I was just quoted $136.50 for an alignment by my local service center in Orange County, California ('21 SR Model Y with excessive tread wear after 5K miles). @thesmokingman advised of a local third-party shop that can do an alignment check for $20, and a full alignment for an additional $100 ($60 for front and $40 for rear).

I was just quoted $136.50 for an alignment by my local service center in Orange County, California ('21 SR Model Y with excessive tread wear after 5K miles). @thesmokingman advised of a local third-party shop that can do an alignment check for $20, and a full alignment for an additional $100 ($60 for front and $40 for rear).
Yeah, it seems Tesla quotes double from what I would expect. Maybe they just do t want that business? I will cancel the appt. and shop around.

For $200, Firestone will sell you a lifetime alignment for as long as you own the car. I bought it for my X and it was money well spent
Interesting. It appears even national chains have regional differences.

My local Firestone dealer (1 mile from me, W. Forth Worth) refuses to work on my Tesla, even refuses to mount tires. He "claimed" it's a corporate policy, NOT just his shop.

Hmm...

Interesting. It appears even national chains have regional differences.

My local Firestone dealer (1 mile from me, W. Forth Worth) refuses to work on my Tesla, even refuses to mount tires. He "claimed" it's a corporate policy, NOT just his shop.

Hmm...
I wonder if Firestone operates in a franchise model and the local franchisee just doesn’t want to take the risk of damaging a battery pack (which is zero on an alignment but a valid concern changing tires). Maybe reach out to Firestone corporate for clarification. I highly doubt they would exclude a growing segment of the vehicle population from their potential customer base.