Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel bearing change.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks, here I am again for another question :p

I had my suspensions changed last monday. I swapped the leaking original Bilstein for some custom built Nitron ClubSport. Everything is ok, but now the weird rolling noise that I had a month ago and that disapeared is back. At first we thought it was related to the transmission, but now I'm started to think it's more the wheel bearings.

Anyway, I found out the original roadster wheel bearings are the SKF VKBA 3651 (https://www.amazon.de/SKF-VKBA3651-VKBA-3651-Radlagersatz/dp/B00AJU0Q0A)

I ordered a couple of those, but I'd like to know if there are any DIY tutorial around explaining how to change them.

I found this on a Lotus Elise forum, any hint if the procedure is the same ?

Replace wheel bearings - TechWiki

Thanks and have a nice day :)

I found this great video on youtube. This guys explains very well how to do the change on a Lotus Elise, but I'm sure it's the same on the roadster.

He made plenty of other interesting videos that could be usefull for use.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Wonder if this would fit

77342493_0.jpg

If you are in germany you can use the link in the first post. I am in the states, so I had to use a vendor that would ship internationally.

Radlagersatz - SKF VKBA 3651 | eBay

I just wanted to confirm that this is the appropriate part for the roadster wheel bearing. I am going to order this in the next couple of days. I was just asking because I read on a facebook post that the part is suppose to have 4 bolts. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

I just wanted to confirm that this is the appropriate part for the roadster wheel bearing. I am going to order this in the next couple of days. I was just asking because I read on a facebook post that the part is suppose to have 4 bolts. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

There are only three bolts attaching the wheel bearing to the roadster. I know because I had a very hard time removing them :p

The bolts are located in the picture by the 2 arrows and the dot (it's not visible because the extracting tool masks it, so I just marked the place with a ring). You have to unscrew them from behind.

Best regards

roulement3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Vip and dhrivnak