TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheel Centre Corrosion

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Asciidv, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Asciidv

Asciidv Member

My S 90D was new in February of this year and has covered 12,000 miles here in the U.K.
    The plastic wheel centres now look like this;

[​IMG]

Has anyone else experienced this sort of corrosion and do you think that Tesla should be replacing the centres free of charge?

Thanks,

2. Boourns

Boourns Member

They were corroded like that on my car when I got it as a CPO, though at that point my car was much older than yours. I didn't notice for a while, but Tesla replaced them as goodwill at my first SC appointment.

Even if they won't cover them under warranty, I think they may be the most reasonably priced Tesla part. Something like $20 for four new ones.

3. Asciidv

Asciidv Member

Tesla UK, have come back and said that this is a known quality issue and are posting out a new set of wheel centres to me. They say that they can be popped out from the top with a plastic lever rather than removing the wheels.

• Like x 1