TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheel cleaner for 19" - wheels coated or uncoated?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by KKlabunde, Feb 10, 2013.

1. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

For a car that hardly ever requires braking, I sure get a ton of brake dust! I bought Meguiars All Wheel cleaner today (here), but then decided not to use it because I don't know if the wheels are factory coated or not. The bottle was very clear NOT to use the product on uncoated aluminum wheels; they have another product for that (here)

Anyone know what I should use? Or is there a better way to clean them? Has to be pretty easy or I end up never doing it...just reality. Thanks!

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The brake pads produce more dust when they're new and are bedding in. Over time it'll diminish.

3. childressmd

childressmd Member

4. gsxrex

gsxrex Member

I've always used WheelWax. While it won't reduce the brake dust, it makes it easier to wash it off.

5. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

The wheels both performance and silvers are painted and cleared. They are not bare aluminum.

6. KKlabunde

KKlabunde Member

That's what I needed...thanks!