Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Color Behind Gemini Covers (silver/chrome or gunmetal grey)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, is anyone else here hoping for the standard silver/chrome wheel color behind the gemini covers as seen on the "spotted" Model Y prototypes? Interestingly, I noticed that the Model 3 prototype wheels also had the silver colored wheels behind the aero covers, yet they ended up being a darker, almost gunmetal grey color, so I wonder if Tesla will do the same with the TMY. I reserved a MYP back in November so I'm looking forward to the day it arrives.

Side note, I took some pics of my neighbor's Model Y work car (Tesla employee) in my apartment garage if anyone's interested in seeing a size comparison with another compact SUV.

i ordered white, so the 20 inch black induction wheels look great. but if i had ordered blue, i think the gemini's look better. but it's all taste and i don't consider myself married to them in the long haul. i'm a bit of a steampunker, considering bronze or copper wheels and trim eventually. but first gonna trick it out with some more black stuff that i have seen for the 3, hopefully it will come out for the Y as well.

Congrats Aarons12! I ordered a white MYP without the performance package upgrade. Those induction wheels are a beauty.
my wife is letting me buy this (don't get me wrong she's a doll but let's face it, it's a fair amount of money to shell out) but i would have been pushing my luck to try for performance. and i'm an old guy. 0-60 in 4.8 will still be the fastest vehicle i've owned, and maybe later they will offer the lesser performance upgrade like they did for the 3.

congrats to you too. did you get your letter yet?

my wife is letting me buy this (don't get me wrong she's a doll but let's face it, it's a fair amount of money to shell out) but i would have been pushing my luck to try for performance. and i'm an old guy. 0-60 in 4.8 will still be the fastest vehicle i've owned, and maybe later they will offer the lesser performance upgrade like they did for the 3.

congrats to you too. did you get your letter yet?
Negative. Ordered in November. Bay Area resident.

Hey all, is anyone else here hoping for the standard silver/chrome wheel color behind the gemini covers as seen on the "spotted" Model Y prototypes? Interestingly, I noticed that the Model 3 prototype wheels also had the silver colored wheels behind the aero covers, yet they ended up being a darker, almost gunmetal grey color, so I wonder if Tesla will do the same with the TMY. I reserved a MYP back in November so I'm looking forward to the day it arrives.

Side note, I took some pics of my neighbor's Model Y work car (Tesla employee) in my apartment garage if anyone's interested in seeing a size comparison with another compact SUV.
Yes, pics please!

Reactions: dontblinkdoc

Please do!

Reactions: dontblinkdoc
Santa Fe AWD.
mycar.jpg

Attachments

• mycar.jpg
    mycar.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 80
Well, we can agree that there's, at the least, a cover on the production vehicles. I hope the reality is there is (will be) a package that includes a 2" square hitch of a reasonable length for simple bike rack or tear-drop trailer use. So far, it looks good.