Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel color (help me)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for your opinions, I ordered the following

19x9
32 ET
5x114.3
19.8 lbs - according to manufacturer

"dark grey gun color" (its what they called it) - color code is JV049 below

Tires I ordered 245/40 19 Michelin PS4S (which I may get 1 week out of before i have to put winters on)

For everything I paid 1556 wheels including shipping and 1096 for the tires including tpms and shipping.

$ 2552 all in

Attachments

• IMG-20200812-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200812-WA0001.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20200825-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200825-WA0008.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Where did you order from? Can you provide a link? Love the rims! Post pictures when you put them on!

This is an off shoot of another thread about ordering forged wheels direct from manufacturer (cost savings is massive compared to forged wheels from say bbs) you can find multiple manufacturers on alibaba, the one I ordered from is called Jova Forged. www.jovawheels.com

In the other thread 1 guy got his and other people also ordered and are waiting. I just sent my deposit in today, so 21 days to manufacture and then probably 30 days sea shipping from China.

I'll post when I get them. (if I get them)

DISCLAIMER - you may want to wait and see if I get them or get screwed over before you order. I know nothing beyond what I have read about the company and there "can" be issues ordering from China. Just my 2 cents, I don't want to be the guy that says order them because the price is good then someone gets screwed.

I'll do a full write up on the company about my experience with ordering from them once I get further along in the process, so maybe it will help other people that don't want boat anchor cast wheels and don't want to spend 1500-4k per wheel on a set of forged BBS or Vossen wheels.

NOTE - 90% of all wheels forged, flow form, or cast are manufactured by 8 companies in China.

I am ordering the following wheels in 19x9 32et, see pic. I cannot decide on a color. My car is pearl white. I am kicking around Anthracite, gunmetal, fine silver, bronze and rose gold.

Opinions please?

Note- the color according to the manufacturer of the wheel is semi-mat black, it looks somewhat anthracite to me. I had wanted to avoid black just because everyone has it.

I kinda wrote a lot before I realized you bought wheels already, but I think you made a wise choice with the darker color, not bronze or rose gold. White is a great color for a vehicle (for road or space) as it's light rejecting, cooler in temperature, neutral (eyes don't get tired of it), and white goes great with black (space program, stormtrooper, etc.). Also, darker wheels that blend with the tires kind of 'drop away' to allow the body of your car to stand on its own, and it contributes nicely to the whole aesthetic of the vehicle as well.

Black wheels work whether your chrome is intact or deleted, as it's neutral or not adding any tertiary colors to your overall 'livery'. Plus, you have options for pops of color later should you choose.

For my personal vehicle, I plan to delete the window trim chrome with black and delete the chrome handles with white.

For your wheels, good choice!

Last edited:
I kinda wrote a lot before I realized you bought wheels already, but I think you made a wise choice with the darker color, not bronze or rose gold. White is a great color for a vehicle (for road or space) as it's light rejecting, cooler in temperature, neutral (eyes don't get tired of it), and white goes great with black (space program, stormtrooper, etc.). Also, darker wheels that blend with the tires kind of 'drop away' to allow the body of your car to stand on its own, and it contributes nicely to the whole aesthetic of the vehicle as well.

Black wheels work whether your chrome is intact or deleted, as it's neutral or not adding any tertiary colors to your overall 'livery'. Plus, you have options for pops of color later should you choose.

For my personal vehicle, I plan to delete the window trim chrome with black and delete the chrome handles with white.

For your wheels, good choice!

Thanks, I am entertaining the idea of getting rid of the chrome. I found 2 options that I like that would match the wheels. There is a gunmetal grey wrap kit that may look great with those wheels. I like the black as well, I really like it when people do the roof line delete with black and the top has an almost all glass look.

Problem is the wife likes the chrome, so I may be stuck with it.

I posted this in other threads, sorry for duplicate, this was the thread i was looking for.

I got the 3D cad of the wheels for approval, i had the size changed to 20x9 and finish changed to brushed gloss clear coat (my wife hated the gunmetal grey and hot brazilian women tend to get what they want)

Here are the cad drawings i approved today

Now the long wait for them to be built and shipped......shipping is on the slow boat, probably 4-6 weeks

Attachments

• IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-20200831-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200831-WA0001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20200831-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200831-WA0002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 45
I am ordering the following wheels in 19x9 32et, see pic. I cannot decide on a color. My car is pearl white. I am kicking around Anthracite, gunmetal, fine silver, bronze and rose gold.

Opinions please?

Note- the color according to the manufacturer of the wheel is semi-mat black, it looks somewhat anthracite to me. I had wanted to avoid black just because everyone has it.
Can you provide a link to the site you are ordering from? I really like these wheels, might be the nicest set I've seen yet. How much to they weigh and do the come in 20"?

Can you provide a link to the site you are ordering from? I really like these wheels, might be the nicest set I've seen yet. How much to they weigh and do the come in 20"?

All the info is in the thread, you gotta contact them through whatsapp, number is on the website Jovawheels: Custom Wheels,Forged Wheels,Wheels And Rims - Guangzhou Jova Car Accessories Co.Ltd.

i changed the size to 20, but they will make them in whatever size you want 18-22

factory claims 9-10kgs

I posted pics in another thread, although that thread has turned into one big argument. This thread is still sane.

The wheels have been manufactured and will be shipped on Oct 8th. Apparently there is some holiday in China until then.

Attachments

• IMG-20200928-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200928-WA0004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20200928-WA0006 (1).jpg
    IMG-20200928-WA0006 (1).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: bbk3e