Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel configuration settings not being stored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 P100D with MCU2 upgrade, running v2022.16.3

Recently replaced 19" wheels with 21".

Have tried to input 21" wheel configuration settings multiple times. Each time, the car reboots, but the settings are not stored. Have tried multiple wheel types, to no avail.

I am hoping I don't have to factory reset to get these settings to "take" - anyone else experience this?

TPMS reset just fine.

I don't know if these settings are stored in your user profile, but try this. Create a new user profile, and Save the current configuration to this new User Profile. Then change the wheel configuration, and save to the new profile and/or reboot. If this works, your old user profile may be corrupt. If not, this value must be stored in vehicle settings somewhere other than a user profile. Just wondering if this will work....

2016 P100D with MCU2 upgrade, running v2022.16.3

Recently replaced 19" wheels with 21".

Have tried to input 21" wheel configuration settings multiple times. Each time, the car reboots, but the settings are not stored. Have tried multiple wheel types, to no avail.

I am hoping I don't have to factory reset to get these settings to "take" - anyone else experience this?

TPMS reset just fine.
Did you ever get this sorted out? Mine is still an issue, and Tesla service has not helped yet.?.

We were having this same issue with my wife's Model X since the vehicle installed 2022.20, but yesterday we installed 2022.20.8, and that seems to have fixed the problem for us! We just changed the wheels to 22" Turbines from 20" Slipstreams and this time it worked perfectly on both the MCU and the App.
Thanks. Tesla remoted in and fixed mine this morning. And then I got the push for the update. Go figure.