Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Decision 2020 - Help Me Decide!

Which Wheels?

• Vossen VFS-1, Matte Graphite

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Brixton RF10, Satin Black

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks,

I'm selling my current wheels - 22" Vossen VFS1 to a friend, and am thus in the market for some new wheels. I'd like to go with 21s this time, and need some insights on what to move to.

My main two contenders are Brixton RF10's (have a great deal from a local dealer), and I am also considering just going with 21" VFS1s since I like that look a lot as well.

Here's my car currently, for a reference:

IizAF2P.jpeg

Below are links, and a sample picture - let me know what y'all think! Wheel & Tire sizes and offset are about the same.

VOSSEN:
Introducing the Vossen VFS-1
Tesla_Model_S_with_21in_Vossen_VFS1_Wheels_10209_20312_large.jpeg

BRIXTON:
RF10 Radial Forged (Flow Form) | Brixton Forged Wheel Collection

LaAGxen.jpg

I like the Vossen HF3, 5, or 6.
Brixton equivalents WR3, PF3, etc.
I think the extra angles/twists of the RF shown above that aren’t “symmetrical” is what’s throwing me off.
Deciding which wheel between two very good brands is a nice prob to have. :)

I like the Vossen HF3, 5, or 6.
Brixton equivalents WR3, PF3, etc.
I think the extra angles/twists of the RF shown above that aren’t “symmetrical” is what’s throwing me off.
Deciding which wheel between two very good brands is a nice prob to have. :)

I think you have a great point. The Brixtons look cool on German cars that already have a lot of angles and flares, the S is more of a "smooth lines" design, so a bunch of angles and twists doesn't vibe with the lines as well. And as I go through the 90 pages of pictures in the aftermarket wheels thread, I don't see many basketweave or mesh style wheels, that's probably why!

FYI Flow forged is not a true 'forged' wheel. Will be lighter and stronger than cast but its not created in a true forged process. You're not going to find a true forged set of wheels in a 21" for $2700 most likely.

Good to know. I see their truly forged wheels start at about $2k+ per wheel, so hybrid forged is probably the best I'm going to be able to afford without a divorce.

Reactions: Doanster1
I had a few sets of Vossen wheels, never had an issue. Can you share your setup on 22s? Why are you considering moving to 21s?

Which wheels did you end up going with?

I actually ended up going with Vossen HF-4T's in a 21x9 and 21x10.5 configuration, with their custom fitment option so they don't need hub rings and fit more flush with the fenders. I thought they were a good mix of the clean look of the VFS1 plus the more unique look of the Brixtons.

I loved my 22s, they look stellar, but I've had to have them repaired a couple times for bends due to the crap roads in my area. With the 21s I can fit slightly more rubber and reduce the chance of bending while not having to worry about rubbing.

• Informative
Reactions: All In and 2101Guy
I have vossen VFS1 gun mental 21’ as well. 9 front and 10.5 rear. Need a 3mm spacer for the rear to fit well.

I like VFS1 series more than HF as the wheel fit in smoother with model S’s body line. HF series is more aggressive and might fit cars such as Audi A6/A7 better IMO. Same idea goes with the Brixtons.

Most of VFS1 are out of stock at vossen as they are pushing the HF series heavily.

I like VFS1 series more than HF as the wheel fit in smoother with model S’s body line. HF series is more aggressive and might fit cars such as Audi A6/A7 better IMO.

Most of VFS1 are out of stock at vossen as they are pushing the HF series heavily.

I totally agree with you, though it was the second point that drove me to the HF’s.
Vossen appears to be Discontinuing the VFS1 line, and so if I needed a replacement next year, it may be hard to come by.

that said, the HF’s have grown on me, and once I get my rear camber adjusted properly so the stance is better, I think I’ll be happy with them.

I actually ended up going with Vossen HF-4T's in a 21x9 and 21x10.5 configuration, with their custom fitment option so they don't need hub rings and fit more flush with the fenders. I thought they were a good mix of the clean look of the VFS1 plus the more unique look of the Brixtons.

I loved my 22s, they look stellar, but I've had to have them repaired a couple times for bends due to the crap roads in my area. With the 21s I can fit slightly more rubber and reduce the chance of bending while not having to worry about rubbing.

Those darn roads.Nice choice on the HF-4.