Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Fitment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the wheel fitment specs to the Model S (performance)? I have one on order and would like to order a set of HRE wheels.

Thanks,
Mark

Here's the thread referred to by artsci (I believe), NJS1207 seems to have really done his homework on this subject. Jerry33, who seems to be (imho, and don't want to put words in his mouth) a good "go to guy" on tire/wheel issues seems to agree that NJS1207's wheel and lugnut combo will work. They also look awesome in the pics.

19 Turbine Wheel Solution

Here's the thread referred to by artsci (I believe), NJS1207 seems to have really done his homework on this subject. Jerry33, who seems to be (imho, and don't want to put words in his mouth) a good "go to guy" on tire/wheel issues seems to agree that NJS1207's wheel and lugnut combo will work. They also look awesome in the pics.

19 Turbine Wheel Solution

I'm neutral on the subject (I don't know anything technically either bad or good) because I have no first hand experience. However, if the offset, centre bore, and bolt circle are correct, and the supplied nuts have enough surface area to take the cornering forces, then those wheels should be fine (and they do match the turbine look of the 21" wheels). If you are a belt and suspenders type of person, the thing to do would be to contact the wheel manufacturer for an opinion.

Regarding the lug nuts. Tire Rack included a set of Gorilla spline lug nuts (14mm x 1.50) and a thin wall socket with my winter wheel and tire package. Part number 26148HT.
These were for O.Z. wheels, but probably work with any aftermarket wheels. Haven't compared these to the stock lugs since I don't have my car yet.

Does anyone know the wheel fitment specs to the Model S (performance)? I have one on order and would like to order a set of HRE wheels.

Thanks,
Mark
Funny you should want HRE wheels. The sales rep for HRE happened to see my car at the Motor4Toys charity event a few weeks ago and asked if they could measure my car and make a custom set of wheels for the S and do a photo shoot. They came and measured my wheels and car last Tuesday and said they will have the wheels ready in January or February. I'll post the pictures and info when they do it.

Funny you should want HRE wheels. The sales rep for HRE happened to see my car at the Motor4Toys charity event a few weeks ago and asked if they could measure my car and make a custom set of wheels for the S and do a photo shoot. They came and measured my wheels and car last Tuesday and said they will have the wheels ready in January or February. I'll post the pictures and info when they do it.

Dr. Computer, was wondering if you had any info to help me out. I had this question on a different thread, but I think this thread may be more appropriate...

If I want to go with a staggered fitment with aftermarket wheels, does anyone know if 10" for the rear is TOO wide (rubbing issues, etc)? I'm going 20x8.5 for the front with 245/40/20's. I was considering 265 or 275 for the rears and looks like the majority of 20" wheels come in 8.5" and 10" widths. My "wheel guy" asked me to measure the well, but alas, I have no car yet to do so!

I'm neutral on the subject (I don't know anything technically either bad or good) because I have no first hand experience. However, if the offset, centre bore, and bolt circle are correct, and the supplied nuts have enough surface area to take the cornering forces, then those wheels should be fine (and they do match the turbine look of the 21" wheels). If you are a belt and suspenders type of person, the thing to do would be to contact the wheel manufacturer for an opinion.

Gotchya. My understanding (I may have gotten it wrong) is that NJS1207 is already driving on them. If so I'm awaiting frequent updates from our guinea pig.:smile:

Dr. Computer, was wondering if you had any info to help me out. I had this question on a different thread, but I think this thread may be more appropriate...

If I want to go with a staggered fitment with aftermarket wheels, does anyone know if 10" for the rear is TOO wide (rubbing issues, etc)? I'm going 20x8.5 for the front with 245/40/20's. I was considering 265 or 275 for the rears and looks like the majority of 20" wheels come in 8.5" and 10" widths. My "wheel guy" asked me to measure the well, but alas, I have no car yet to do so!

You're welcome to e-mail Patrick Moran at HRE wheels and ask them about the measurements they took. I didn't get a copy of them. [email protected]