Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I thought it might be a stone or something between wheel rotor and backplate, took caliper off, removed rotor. Tightened backplate 3 screws, NOPE.

Please take a listen and let me know your thoughts. It's coming from rear passenger wheel, I can tell from drivers seat and had a neighbour confirm it's from rear wheel area.

You can hear the noise at 2 7 14 18 seconds of the audio clip.

Going to book an appointment. It's a 2021 rwd standard range Y, about 34k km on it.

Does it only do it with weight on the wheel? Ive seen lots of bearings go bad that will only make noise with weight on them.

Could also be a ball joint. Maybe try bouncing on the back hatch to see if it makes the noise.

The other thing to check is if something is just loose inside the tire. I've seen punchures where a nail goes through and seals itself.

Does it only do it with weight on the wheel? Ive seen lots of bearings go bad that will only make noise with weight on them.

Could also be a ball joint. Maybe try bouncing on the back hatch to see if it makes the noise.

The other thing to check is if something is just loose inside the tire. I've seen punchures where a nail goes through and seals itself.

I think it is just weight on wheel, I had it up and wheel off in Tow mode and try turning the hub and maybe heard the noise once (could be hearing things lol) and if I accelerate real slow I don't hear it but any amount of pedal and it makes the noise.

The idea of something inside the wheel makes a bit of sense, as if I accelerate slow it would not be falling on the rim but rather just sliding inside, I did not notice any punctures and the TPMS still register (found another post about a noise), but could be anything

This is just after towing our tent trailer (well under the weight) so could be a bearing/hub/something too.