Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve owned my 2022 MYP since October now and have stock 21” Uberturbine Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires. The ride in terms of comfort and noise is tolerable. Over smooth surfaces it’s pretty quiet but rough roads are a bit noisy. I hit a second pothole today and can feel the rim contact. This is a bit scary. I haven’t noticed any damage and the tire pressure is stable. I’m considering getting different wheels but I do like the current look and I’m wondering what is available to achieve more comfort while maintaining the low profile look. Please share your thoughts and pics. Thank

If you would like to keep your wheels, the only way to go is put the rear tires in the front and order 295s for your rear. This will give enough sidewall protection to your OEM 9.5/10.5 staggered wheel setup - this is for wheel curb protection only.

For overall comfort and proper damping, I think the only way to go would be coilover route or, if you have unlimited funds, go bags.

Unfortunately NYC and surrounding roads are too rough for low profile tires. TSportline offers 18" and 19" wheels to fit the Performance Model Y. The overall diameter of the tire remains 28" but the sidewall depth increases significantly to better survive potholes, other road surface imperfections. The ride will be less harsh, not jarring when encountering potholes that can't be avoided.

T Sportline

Reactions: KJD and jerome8283
Might want to check this post out about softening the MYP ride / pothole protection. I don’t have bad roads often where I live but I’d like alternative tires/wheels for road tripping.