Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Rash...while in body shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I took delivery of my M3, Monterey Tesla alerted me to a front bumper paint scratch that they found on inspection. They said they could have it fixed before delivery, or I could bring it back later. I took it back two weeks later to their approved body shop in Seaside. I picked it up two days later and drove it straight home. The next morning I saw that the LF wheel had a significant rash.

I emailed a picture and called the shop . They denied having done it, but how do they know how many people drove it? I asked to see the pictures they took, and I got some 800x600 low-resolution "check-in" pictures, not good enough to assess the wheel condition. I asked for the full resolution image but...silence. I asked for "after" pictures but I'm not sure they took any. This is not worth spending a lot of time over other than, next time I will take my own pictures.

PS: It's difficult to know exactly where the front wheel is, especially the right side, when entering or exiting a parking space with a curb. A lot of aggravation could be avoided with an electronic 'curb feeler' or a camera.

Attachments

• wheel rash.JPG
    wheel rash.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Photo 12.jpg
    Photo 12.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: LusciousGarage